FP 1.2 Update Thread

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

36drew
Honorary Officer

FP 1.2 Update Thread

Post by 36drew »

http://agesanctuary.com/index.php?porta ... pic=131837

In case you don't visit AS or only do sometimes, here is the Fanpatch 1.2 update thread. It's looking like a very promising patch!

Thoughts? Discussion? Feelings? Reactions?
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: FP 1.2 Update Thread

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Looks very good. I don't mind much about that stealth ability, since you know that you gotta him down with your explorer somewhere around your base.
Drag
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Drag »

I can't understand people flaming it without even playing it first, in my experience a lot of the changes on paper often don't have the affect you imagine they will.
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

Brits and French nerfed. :-(
murdilator
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by murdilator »

I'm happy for the Free Disciplined Gurkha tech. That was really needed and I never ever thought about suggesting it. Only if India could have a 1 galleon shipment in age 2...That would be cool.
"Feel the Might of the Sioux!" - Gall, when fighting and defeating your army at his own base.

---------------

Scenario Design Competition Participant 2009:

3v3 WildernessRoad: https://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/ ... ileid=2521
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

why would u need a galleon as india?

I hope the rajputs will get boosted tho, they r pathetic atm
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
generalbuschmann
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by generalbuschmann »

actually rajput arent bad at all, india just got better units then them, if you boost them they get op. i dont think there is a way to get them used more often without bad balance tbh
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Rajputs aren't awful, they're good when you have to you use your coin wisely due to running out of mines and you got tons of food and wood. I'd make them cost less 20f and take away -2 atk.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

no way rajputs are playable units with their actual stats:cost ratio
they could be boosted in several ways without being OP, similar to rods would be good imho
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

the thing with rajput is their early game cost. can't really spam them and other military units at the same time without putting yourself in an economic disadvantage. mid game and on they are rather good if you have the eco to back them up and if you use a combination of dravidian arts with mansobdar + T.o.V. .

when used right they become 5 speed monsters but you need a rather large eco before you can get to the spamming point
- Dan
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Post by GeneralMichael »

Ohh I like how they gave the war huts a little pop bonus, :D I always had a slight bit of trouble with the aztecs early game because of thier pop. I always had to decide whether to use my wood for houses so I would not have an idle tc and so i could ship in some units, but have to wait a while for the war hut, or make a war hut, and have a little idle tc time, and have to wait a little until I get enough wood to make a house.

Though I am not that enthused about the unction nerf. :cry: That was my favorite thing about spain late game, almost nobody played spain late game so I could be the lone man laming unction... ohh well, atleast they get a little early game boost with the free market upgrade, better archaic infantry spam :twisted:

ckei
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by ckei »

yeah I have the same problem,Gemeral MIchael.Im really looking waiting for the new fp.

The free wood upgrade for spain is nice
luukje
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by luukje »

Are they going to balance some merc shipments?
ANd the saloon?

By havin put some mercs in age 4, you can now get a saloon with age 4 merc and a pretty bad one like ninja or arsonist.

So i think the weakest merc should get a bit of a boost: arsonist, ninja, corsair. Fusilier are OK but you just dont play them in age 4. Maybe move them to age 3.

An idea might be to let the saloon give 3 type of mercs, 2 in age 3 and 1 in age 4?
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""IndyBrit""]Brits and French nerfed. :-([/quote]

Tell me about it. Limiting Brits to 15 manors? This is simply unacceptable. I mean, what's the point of Brits without that killer colonial boom? It's not like they have an unfair rush or anything. I don't mind slowing down the French shipment spam, but CDB cost increase might be one touch too hard with the nerf stick.

I noticed that there have been no suggested German changes. Is there any significance to that? Are they balanced enough as is? I was secretly praying for my 2 uhlans to come back to the 3 SW shipment, but i guess I won't get that for xmas.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

Lol I can just imagine Kaiser singing Please come home for christmas to his poor 2 uhlans :)

But I always thought germans were pretty well balanced in this FP so I wouldn't be surprised if they only gave them minor changes. Don't really remember but has there been any Dutch changes posted yet? That would seem like an important thing to hit on, even though France and China seem to have taken over the OP category nowadays