Original can be found here: http://www.gamereplays.org/community/in ... pic=312384
Japanese Onin Sohei Hammer
Welcome back to the newest installment of strategy, a little something I have been testing out in both team games and 1v1s. It is the Sohei allies Rush. Lets have a look:
11 Sohei Allies
A simple pikemen card it seems, for 500 gold. Too costly? Maybe. If used in the correct way, this card can absolutely shock your opponent. The stats:
Attack: 13 (3.5 vs cav, 2.5 vs coyotes)
Armor: 20% hand resist
Cost from native: F-55, W-40 (45 gold from card)
These guys have some pretty nice siege. Lets compare that with a samurai:
Attack: 25 (1.7 vs cav, 1.5 vs coyotes)
Armor: 30% hand resist
Cost: F–100 G-100
Those Sohei are 1/4th the cost of samurai, the Jap’s powerhouse sieger and fighter. Also they train pretty fast (or will once I hint you in on the SUPER SECRET way to get it faster)
This building here gives you several options all to great effect. I’m not too sure on the levels at which they are attainable.
Spain (lvl 40)- Spain is one of my favorite, one of my first choices early game. Why?
- a slight xp trickle (.8 sec)
- Merchant marine, which decreases the shipment time in half for all shipments (-50%)
- Besterios are decent xbows for japs
- Fishing boats for a better economy are always welcome
- Batch training in tens is great
- a military rickshaw grants a stable or rax in need
- Bank is a great eco bonus
- Church helps with LOS, Mercantalism, and unit train times
- excellent military unit (6 stadhouders) even though you already have good musks ><
One other item that is used here is the card Onin war, which increases the siege of all your units by a whopping 33%! Think of it as ransack for the Japanese.
okay… that was enough pre rambling, lets get on to the strategy:
- Keep all vills on crates until fully gathered all wood and food. Build a shrine and after that set one villager onto building a consulate.
- Set explorers to gather every food, gold, wood, and xp treasure you can (I mean all the small ones, and medium ones). Emphasize wood if you don’t have enough for a consulate, after that look for gold and food.
- send your first card, being Good Faith Agreements.
- Your age up should be with the Shrine, and set around six villagers on it. Age with around ten villagers or less.
Why? Because the shrine will help your crap economy recover from the fast age up, as well as provide 20 population slots for military. The 200 export is also one of the main reasons for this wonder.
- while aging gather 500 gold and just enough food (if you can) to keep up constant villager production.
- be sure to ally with spain, and set the consulate to a hotkey which is easily accessible.
- AS SOON AS YOU AGE UP select your hotkey and click the Merchant Marine (looks like the bottom of a ship going through water) upgrade. DO NOT SEND THE SOHEI YET! Wait until the upgrade is done, or it will have no effect on the shipment!
- once you finish collecting gold, set half of your villagers on wood and half on food. You’re looking to get a barracks out and on the field.
- Your first shipment in colonial should be 11 Sohei
- With your next shipment, (should be soon, build some shrines or vills to get xp for it) ship Onin War
- Send your Sohei in to your enemy’s TC to start sieging. Ally with isolation to allow your 10% additional siege take effect. Once onin war is in, your Sohei should have 50 siege!. Be carefull of minutemen- if you see them fall back and amass some yumi or ashigaru to compliment your army.
- If you are rushing a native who has no minutemen or just hasn’t called any out, be sure to micro your Sohei. When the town center fires at an unharmed Sohei, select it and put it in cover mode, which will make it last an additional two shots. Continue to do this until the tc is torn down.
- Next shipment should be economy, like four villagers
-This works best on maps that give you a bit of extra crates (obviously) such as deccan. The treasures there are great also.
- Ill have some recs up as soon as I can, been busy lately
-This has also worked for me and my buddy in a sling type fashion, to moderate success
-If used properly, you can take down the tc under six minutes
well, thanks for reading, now go take down some tcs, Yoi!
Good Faith Agreements