!^@%#^&!%@#&!^@%#&!^@%#^@!&

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Sun_Tzu1
Major
Major

Re: !^@%#^&!%@#&!^@%#&!^@%#^@!&

Post by Sun_Tzu1 »

oooooo nice. Amazing. Can't wait to see the VOD.
Highlander999
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Highlander999 »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]who's next? NP ? :D[/quote]

NP, is terrified of Drew ;)
simpleaoeiii
Conscript
Conscript

Post by simpleaoeiii »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]congrats !!
that's a top player, and you burst his winning streak of 21 lol

first time i see him playing sioux tho, he's usually a jap/india player

who's next? NP ? :D[/quote]

The question is likely not one of him playing sioux but rather who he really is. It's a second account I believe... since having sub 200 games and such a high rank usually indicates this.
Shizle

Post by Shizle »

A real accomplishment Drew. No question that you're underrated and have the ability to advance beyond you're current PR.
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

Sothe next day has dawned, where is this VOD! lol
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Wow! Nice work, Drew. I was surprised you didn't beat H2O in your game with him, and for that reason I am not surprised you won here. I know how good your micro is! Judging by the length of the game, I have a feeling you played to the British strengths and outboomed him.

Brilliant work, sir! :-P
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Congratulations! Very nice job you got there!
BenS64
Colonel
Colonel

Post by BenS64 »

congrats!
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by joe4holly »

Can words explan what you just done ?

Who is GlamourCars4Hire anyway?
LoN_Colossus
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by LoN_Colossus »

[quote=""joe4holly""]
Who is GlamourCars4Hire anyway?[/quote]Quite good :-P
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

hes 10th overall in TAD supremacy
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

GlamourCars4Hire had the longest win streak in vanilla, 123 wins (there was no rating system at the time, that could help, but 123 is massive). The vanilla data doesn't show up on his elo anymore tho, dunno why.
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by joe4holly »

I know who is GlamourCars4Hire but who is behind the name as it has to be a smuf account .

you all had to own me :(
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

It's not a smurf account, the dude does exist :p
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

[quote=""joe4holly""]Can words explan what you just done ?

Who is GlamourCars4Hire anyway?[/quote]

I will try to explain. I will be home from work in 4 hours + 1-2 hours to load it up if my internet is functioning well (it was like 1 second away from loading last night when my mom x-ed the window -- not good LOL).

Anyway, here is the match as best I can describe it:

Map: Indochina -- Brits vs. Sioux
I'm thinking about how I should play this matchup and I know that it's a bit risky to sea boom right away (as it is in a lot of scenarios), but I still opt for my full sea deck with all the upgrades for fishing as well as some for warships. I'm thinking about my 50 matches I have played with Tatltael and am thinking about how I normally play vs. him, I usually mix all units that can be made from a barracks -- but for some reason here i'm thinking that muskets will just be a bad idea.

After my initial thought process I begin to start places houses and do so in a manner to act like walls. Some of the trees/tradeposts provide natural walls for me as well but i'm still somewhat vulnerable to raids and invading army. I age with 17 villager (2 house start) @ about 4:15 -- he follows suit a little while later. I am immediately harassed with some axe riders to which I have a nice response from my 4-5 pike I have handy. I continue to make manors and as well as a market (which I made during the age up). I have the standard market upgrades and immediately grab villager HP when I see some raids coming in.

GC4H starts to show his army around my base. I send my explorer who dies but reveals a warhut in the middle of the map -- looks like his FB to me. His army is consisting of axe riders and cetan bows with a significant mass of axe riders. He dances back and forth from each side of my base trying to raid villagers while my pikes are having a difficult time catching his calvary which is aided by his swift warcheif. I am not smart enough to split my growing army of pikes (with LB of course) into two groups, one for each side of my base and he snags some villagers as a result. If you looked at the graphs you will know that I went through a lot of villagers!

The first main battle: A huge mass of 25+ axe riders comes in aided with cetans and the turn into rifle riders right at the moment. My pikes are out of position -- not that they would do much as RR have such a bonus vs heavy infantry, but I run them back as quick as possible and try to turtle behind my TC and age up tower. I call minutemen and ship 6 lb to aid -- CM has not been played yet, though I consider it here instead of 6 LB. My entire army dies and I almost go to click resign when I think about fighting back with my villagers.

I research the villager range + attack upgrade from the market and start to get down and dirty with them. He halts my economy for several minutes while i'm constantly fighting, garrisoning, unloading, etc with my vills. Finally he decides his loses will be too high and retreats. I've hurt his army, but he has hurt my villagers significantly. I have 0 resources at this time. I put all of my villagers to wood and ship schooners.

I am fairly certain that he can't have a huge mass of army and I just hope that I can remass some LB/Pike quickly enough to turtle some more. At this point I still have yet to scout his side of the map and have no clue about his building placement etc. I take to the sea and get 1,2,3,4... make that 5 docks up and running. I've made the mistake of overbooming before, but Indochina has a sea ripe for fishing and I figured if I went to whales and exhausted the fish that it would give my eco a massive surge for spamming.

GC4H goes age iii and I almost resign and call it GG. I type to him "i'm, dead" he responds and says "Taunt 1" or something to that extent. I decide to pay for my explorer back to see what age ii holds. I walk into his FB to find an unreal mass of wakina's and I mean unreal -- so many that I felt cav might not even be able to fight them -- especially with war dance -- but cav is the counter so I get up some stables and start upgrading the cav so they can do their job. Meanwhile I get my manors to 200 pop and am spamming from 5 docks. GC4H goes age iv and I am still in age ii. Not good. My buildings are placed to help give him pathing issues so that my longbows can outrange and hopefully inflict some suffering and pain. I get to about 100 villagers and he decides to push... (this whole time he is constantly raiding me as well and my pikes are chasing his cav around).

With my eco rolling I send 20% + 30% gather for fishing and research 10% + 20% from the dock. That means each fishing boat gathers 80% faster. I do this at the expense of sending yeomans or cavalry combat. I hit age iii and don't train a single villager and go straight to age iv. The patended Jim maneuver. The rest all happened so fast and insanely but here it goes...

He walks into my age iv base ready with axe riders, tasunke, and wakina. He simply has way more mass than I do, but my 2cannon poloitician is helping the fight since they are sitting behind walls with lb's/pike. I have some hussar which are in the process of becoming guard. He pushes me back to my tc and I do my best but due to his army being so big and 25 villagers on attack dance, I just can't win the fight -- a factory wagon arrives and I keep it from dying. With my eco full gear I research fast cav and start spamming guard hussars and LB's. So much fighting happens that the 2nd factory comes right after the first from all the xp -- I manage to rally it away from the fight too. The push is awefully close to crumbling my base + tc when I decide to call CM to save the day. They buy me a few critical seconds for my cav to get out and my TC to stay up. We continue on fighitng in my base for some time -- still I have not left the confines of my base for even a raid at the 30 minute mark of the game. Finally his eco can't sustain the spam since he has so many villagers on attack dance and he has to retreat.

With my eco rocking I mass lb's and hussars immediately and waste no time starting to push. I run forward to find rifle riders attacking my hussars and retreat while I wait for 5 falcs. I send my hussars to attack some wakina, but it leaves the falcs vulnerable and by the time they can return it's gg no re for the falcs -- they are dead as can be. I keep pushing and take control of his FB. On the sea I notice he has 2 docks and I get fearful memories of Sporting Lisbon murdering my sea setup without having a single water card -- the canoe spam is coming.

Having 5 docks has it's advantages -- I was able to get a mass of caravels out quickly enough so that the damage was not huge. But the sea has been exhausted and I have to delete a massive amount of fishing boats. I'm going back and from from sea to land and he can't do anything about the sea. I'm pushing into his shrinking base with guard hussars and guard lb's and it's simply GG. Nothing he can do anymore -- my eco is just too much.

He politely says GG and doesn't not complain about losing -- I respond with GG and can breathe again knowing this is probably the only time I will ever beat someone at his caliber of play. I casually press F9 to stop recording the VOD and am buzzing.

It was a good night's sleep last night.