Are you f´ing kidding me????

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

LaZy
Honorary Officer

Are you f´ing kidding me????

Post by LaZy »

Barak Obama won the Nobel peace prize? Are u f´ing kidding me?

Dont get me wrong here, I kinda like tha guy n all, but exactly was has he done to deserve the Nobel peace prize?

Fact: ALL previous winners of this most prestigous nomination were a) at the end of their career or b) have actually achieved unprecetented feats regarding world peace

Obama has achieved neither!!!!!! He himself didnt even know he was on the last and is as astonished as the rest of us

thoughts...

out
Last edited by LaZy on Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Are you f´ing kidding me????

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

april fools LOL
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Yeah I was like W T F too, what a joke
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

That is just a joke if you compare what Obama achieved and what - for example - Willy Brandt achieved. They should have waited until the world really saw some results. Still, i like Obama and think he is one of the best politicians the US could get in this time, but this prize comes too early.
wicked_assassin
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by wicked_assassin »

we all know that the noble price for non scientific matters akka piece is a pure joke. Lol even Al gore won that one. And thats even more w-t-f then obama.

To soccer and all those others 'the whole world hate us" americans. Apperently some don't hate you guys,
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

@LaZy: Nothing to add to this.

@Wicked - this feeds into our fire. Obama is viewed (here) as an apologist for America, and the awarding of the Nobel Peace Prize to him is seen as a direct slap on America in general, and Bush in particular. NATO is still not going to send more troops to Afghanistan, even though the worldwide love-fest of Obama continues unabated.

Just trying to help you understand our culture, please don't shoot the messenger (again).
wicked_assassin
N3O Member
N3O Member

lol you really don't understand us, thinking we whant to slap america with giving obama a noble price of peace is quite funny, ...

You slap americans with burning US flags of cource, that pisses americans off... YEY,

ow yeah bush is the past, he doesn't matter anymore. ex-american presidents are unimportant to europe. End of discussion.

About not sending troops to afghanistan. European countries are involved evrywhere around the globe. Afghanistan is not our only conern military wise. We have the UN/nato military missions and then we have also the EU missions in several countries. We have to set our priorities.

For example belgium: Their is not much financial space for the army because of the crisis (YES it's all about the money, we are cold blooded) and then we have to decide which mission we whant to reinforce.

We can tell as mush as sentiment BS as we whant, but we belgians (And i think other eu countries are the same, belgians are pseudo french and pseudo germans anyway lmao) probably are more lilky to do missions which can benefit us lol. Like we didn't higher our troops in afghanistan, but we sended a fregrat to join ATLANTA (a week ago).

Wy atlanta and not afgahanistan? Because it benefit us more lol. Somalia pricacy is a threat to the eu trade. Hell sending troops to afghanistan and other countries were always objected by the public. We didn't see a purpose. When the european council asked for ships for the EU fleet i had a feeling that our leaders almost rushed to say yes. Was their objection by the public to that decision? No that i heard of.

Just because their is a benefit to it. We whant a return from our money and not whaste it in a desert. (Altough we are whasting atm feul with our F16 in that desert)

EDit: got to admit we are probably gonna do more effort for europe then for america, but that's only natrual.
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

Just for the record, I've never talked about flag burning, not sure why it keeps coming up, but OK.

I don't claim to understand you, although I think that I probably do. I don't have any issues with what you've presented there.

I just wanted to point out a discrepancy between American perception and your perception on the Obama peace prize business. Among the "the world hates us" crowd in America, this move was clearly seen as confirmation of that position.

My personal opinion is that it's more of a push by the Nobel folks to get Obama off the fence on some issues like getting out of Iraq, drawing down nuclear stockpiles, and such. Some of those issues are getting good rhetoric but the reality of changing things is lost in the politics. It is something like, if they give it to him, he will feel like he has to live up to it.
wicked_assassin
N3O Member
N3O Member

The flagburning sentence was a joke,

The world hate the US crowd resides mostly in non-nato countries...
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

As wicked figured already, I just couldn't stay away from this one.

However, I don't think "the world hates us". I don't think the world understands us. Generally speaking we want to end tyranny and spread democracy and and free thought. This is why most of the US is fundamentally conservative. Go back to the Plymouth Rock thing - no one is gonna tell us what to do, and we don't want anyone telling you what to do either (religious rights somewhat provoked our little revolution, but that is an entirely different discussion for an entirely different day).

Anywho - @ topic. Agreed completely with the sentaments that this was stupidly awarded. The 'funny' thing about this is that both sides of the fence here (republican and democrat) are agreeing for the most part that this was an un-deserved award.

The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan haven't ended - infact the number of military on the ground there will probably swell before they fall.

Nothing, and I do mean NOTHING has been accomplished by BO or his administration regarding North Korea and/or Iran's ability to obtain/manufacture nuclear warheads.

Nothing has been done about the un-provoked aggression against Israel. In-fact he's done nothing about the middle-east, something that at least Bill Clinton took seriously (more reason for Obama to not get the award).

He's done nothing in his first 9 months to show that he's going to do anything about the above mentioned, but hey he tried to get the olympics to come to Chicago.....

I'm still waiting for the "change" to come that get's American's jobs back, that promote's America as the standard for everyone to follow in everything, and above all let's the world know that if you act respectible in the International community, we have your back should someone do something to you.

Ok, time to stop now.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Skull_Splinter
Conscript
Conscript

Post by Skull_Splinter »

To me it's all BS..it ranks right up there with calling a movie the best movie of the year even though the year isn't over.

He obviously won the noble peace prize in recognition of the obama chia pet..ch..ch..ch..ch..chia!
The fellow who thinks he knows it all is especially annoying to those of us who do.
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

[quote=""HuggyPierre""]That is just a joke if you compare what Obama achieved and what - for example - Willy Brandt achieved. [/quote]

When Brandt got the prize only 4 of the nine "east-treaties" were signed, when he was nominated even less. Nobody knew to that time what could be achieved with this. The prize was given to back him up

Nobel prizes were and are often controversial. This is now in the public controversial because everybody can judge this decision because it is the peace prize

Controversys about the other prizes aren't so much recognized of the public because they often cannot understand it

A nice (german) writeup about controversional nobel prizes is found here

http://www.spiegel.de/kultur/gesellscha ... 54,00.html
ckei
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by ckei »

I agree with Indy. I too saw it as a move to get things rolling a little faster

Edit: haha started lolling when I saw a picture o
Frans Emil Sillanpää. If you look at the year you can probably figure out why he got the nobel prize in literature
wicked_assassin
N3O Member
N3O Member

[quote=""Soccerman771""]
that promote's America as the standard for everyone to follow in everything, and above all let's the world know that if you act respectible in the International community, we have your back should someone do something to you.

[/quote]

Why?, that's BS. America can't act as the standart because other countries have their own standarts, desires, traditions etc... It's like saying that Luxembourg should be a standart.

For example scandinavia countries are actually more of reference then the US.

Of cource i'm now talking about european states,
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

[quote=""Comadevil""][quote=""HuggyPierre""]That is just a joke if you compare what Obama achieved and what - for example - Willy Brandt achieved. [/quote]

When Brandt got the prize only 4 of the nine "east-treaties" were signed, when he was nominated even less. Nobody knew to that time what could be achieved with this. The prize was given to back him up

[/quote]

Same thing here. They wanted to back up Obamas international politicy. But for example, when only 4 treaties were signed, there was already a way to the treaties that has been completed. Obama just started. Maybe in some years he really deserved it, but not now. Though i understand that they want to support the different way of seeing the world.