DestructorVsChrisTheMean:2 RE recs

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

ChrisTheMean
Private
Private

DestructorVsChrisTheMean:2 RE recs

Post by ChrisTheMean »

Two games on gplains on RE patch. China v Japan game I try going full Naginata with shipped yumi and ashi vs his FF, which works out pretty well. French vs Germans game I make the mistake of trying to go Uhlan then adding xbows, vs what turns out to be musk huss, which in hindsight seems like a bad idea. Any comments/tips for us lowly lt's would be great!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[quote=""Soccerman771""]It's obvious. As your name states you were mean to him so he went and cried in the corner. When he got the muster to come back to the game and face you, well you made him cry again.[/quote]
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: DestructorVsChrisTheMean:2 RE recs

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

hey.
cool to see more people from our clan playing 1v1 vs each other. i'll get these games and comment on them asap!
after my 8days break now, or wait even 9 in a few hours :-)
frenchfantom
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by frenchfantom »

ah u posted them cool. Not really looking for tips on china was my first time playing them, not looking to start playing them seriously lol
ChrisTheMean
Private
Private

Post by ChrisTheMean »

^^You should, they are super fun. Many different strats, stong colonial, good ff and semi fi, and some really fun units.
[quote=""Soccerman771""]It's obvious. As your name states you were mean to him so he went and cried in the corner. When he got the muster to come back to the game and face you, well you made him cry again.[/quote]
frenchfantom
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by frenchfantom »

[quote=""Aaryn_GenD""]hey.
cool to see more people from our clan playing 1v1 vs each other. i'll get these games and comment on them asap!
after my 8days break now, or wait even 9 in a few hours :-)[/quote]

yes im rather sad u havent been playing as much :)

Here's another one of our games, quite fun playing, india mirror (heres for u aaryn xD)

Chris btw sry didnt stay on to play more was tired from hangover + no sleep since before new years. gg's!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

ok, a bit late but here is the overall analysis of both games:
Destructor2 French vs ChrisTheMean Germans

- move your explorer and scout immediately when starting, they were idle for about 15 secs
-you ignored the tomahawk treasure behind your base, which is simply awesome to get
- when you stealthed your scout, half a minute before that you saw his explorer up there, so you shouldn't move your scout to the vicinity of him
- early age2 scouting was nice, but if you had moved your explorer up a lil bit, you would have seen the stable right away
- this is a tough build order to get straight, 1 second more and you could have queued 5 musk instead of 1, still gj
-at 11min, go fort
- he had 10 vills for a couple minutes down there, could have seen them from the fog of war

about the deck: solid deck, remove 4 goons, and remove either fencing school or riding school or both, you needed the age2 cav upgrade cards here

what you did here is pretty much a ripoff of H2Os approach from his recs :-P
nicely played by you
Last edited by Aaryn_GenD on Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

Destructor2 Chinese vs ChrisTheMean Japanese

- when you get to colonial, switch summer palace to old han army
- calling both irregular and sentry was not necessary
- could have gone with confucian academy instead of porcelain tower, it's more complicated and you get no military with it
- in age3, wait till your summer palacae army comes out (if it's close to) then switch to either territorial army or forbidden army
- no scouting at all, you didn't know what he was up to
- your porcelain tower was yielding export??? put it on food, wood, coin or rainbow
- when you hit fort, you stopped military production, which was crucial

nice eco management, pulling off the build and nice building placement

again, another h2o ripoff :-P
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

now the comment on the india mirror (i totally forgot about christhemean so this time i'll commentate from his pov :neutral: )

- you saw that you got 4 starting crates, india starts with 6 villagers, you plan to 10/10, so gathering extra wood with these 4 villagers was unnecessary
- 2 vills at start on crates, not just 1, after the first vill is queued, leave 1 remaining vill gathering the rest
- you did a very good job at scouting in discovery but you did not pick up a single treasure, which put your opponent over the top
- you had too few coin early colonial which impacted your sepoy training, a bit later you train some gurkhas, again with that low amount of coin just go sepoy until eco is fixed
- your first card in colonial was foreign logging, with this choice you have to play much more boomy-heavy, e.g. defensive massing, market etc.
- you had a nice big herd between your agra and your tc, herd it towards your tc
- sepoys in melee when sowars charge into gurkhas
- after the first fight at your agra was over and he lost his army, pushing there was a mistake, you still had 4 sowars at low hp, you pushed and lost 2, could have got your brahmin back who could have healed them all
- at the 11 min mark you had spare wood, built a consulate and/or a stable, you had close to 500 export which would mean 6 redcoats right away. you needed anticav badly for all those gurkhas you massed, 4 rajputs were not enough to guard them
- with the aforementioned stable you could have trained zamburaks, your gurkha+zamburaks would have beaten his sepoy+sowar combo
- at the end you gathered alot of wood?

Deck: remove infinite 1300w, 900coin, mughal architecture, good faith agreements and 4mahouts, put in 2 howdahs, mahouts and siege eles in age3, some eco ups (royal mint, food silos etc.)
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

I'll review Chris' germans on gp and Chris' japs on great plains.

Germans gp:

1 - Don't forget to queue the first vill asap.

2 - Protect yourself from those nasty raids by getting your army in front of the vills instead of behind.

3 - That was some crazy eco management right there, don't trust so much in crates to supply your vital needs (it's great plains, go ahead and get people on hunts).

4 - Ah, huntscrew. That sux and I feel your pain. Try to herd the closest hunts, but anyway it's crap. Nice decision of keeping the uhlan spam to compensate the lack of hunts.

5 - BUT! you can't just throw uhlans vs musks. You've got to fall back and wait until you have more xbows. On the meanwhile, try to raid.

gg

Japs gp:

i'll review this one later
frenchfantom
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by frenchfantom »

whats better musk cav or skirm goon?

and @ aaryns commentary on my french. 11 min fort isnt always best. especially since i had not captured the full advantage yet :/.
gendarme
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by gendarme »

Skirm goon should be better, but when you have a huge mass then I think musk cav is better.

But ofc, since early fortress is better with skirm/goon they won't suddenly change the skirms to musks, also the fact that the skirms and goons probably are carded and they musks aren't.

But I once played brit against french, I did musk rush and killed some houses while he was FFing. I went fortress too and did musk hussar and he did skirm goon.

I had carded musks+AA and carded cav, he had CIR skirms and goons.
It was a very close game, but in larger battles it's hard for skirms to focus fire on the musks since the hussars are in the front and attack move will attack the hussars.

So I won the game after about 30 minutes back and forth xD
frenchfantom
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by frenchfantom »

yeah but thats because brits are rly hard to beat with france... best shot france has is xbow/pike rush or a semi ff with great raiding.
gendarme
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by gendarme »

Hmm - I haven't played this MU many times but last wekk (I think), I pulled of a 9 huss semi FF without raiding at all and won the game against a pr 32.

I couldn't raid since he had hussars also, so I made those 9 to defend against his hussars. I aged up, made 5 goons, shipped 5+4 goons and made 5 more goons.

Then I shipped 8+7 skirm and continued making goons. He was still in colonial with a musk/hussar mass. Age 3 dragoons are actually pretty good against colonial musketeers because of their 30% range resistance.

I shipped 2 falcs and threw up a rax and made some skirms and some goons also.
When I attacked him he had hit fortress and had a lot of longbows and hussars and some musketeers.

He had a hard time killing my falcs with his longbows due to lag (xD).

But when he killed them both (with 2 caravels) I went back, aged up and made cuirs and upgraded my skirms, goons and cuirs to Voltigeur, Guard and Gendarme (rofl).

He hit fortress right after I hit industrial. I made my last attack and won.
But ofc, it's very rare (for me) to play a game without doing any mistakes at all, which I managed to do last game.

So you are wrong - you don't have to raid or rush to win. :)
frenchfantom
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by frenchfantom »

thats jsut horribly played by him- and you mentioned lag. If the british player knows what hes doing, he would musk rush you with a series of 5 musks, then just keep spamming, adding hussars after his 700 wood comes in
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Chris japs:

Flawless victory! Very well executed and very nice to see someone not playing tedious heavenly kami / toshogu shrine. GG WP!