Fanpatch 1.1 Discussion

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: Fanpatch 1.1 Discussion

Post by Hydrovert5 »

[quote=""StrokeyBlofeld""][quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]Would anyone mind if I stuck with the Germans in 1.1 ?

:mrgreen:[/quote]

That's fine providing you don't make any uhlans.[/quote]

That's like asking a Brit not to make manors. :D

I see why Ben loves Uhlans. They're totally kickass. ::/
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Hmm Lazy by looking on your stats I would suggest germans. Japs would be good as well, but I think you might miss the ashigarus and true shrine boom. Germans are overall more standard and easier to use.
ruminator
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ruminator »

Just recovered from a real "durr" moment over the FP. I read that Ports started off with huntings dogs and couldn't see why this would help - I thought it meant a war dog like Spain! But on trying the FP I was "wth where's my wardog" before I realised it was the market upgrade! Now that really is an OP upgrade!

Just keep me away from anything with a pointy end ...
"Could you, would you, with a goat? Would you, could you, on a boat?" Doctor Seuss

"Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?"
George Wallace
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

^ lol. Heard the same story twice now. :D
amigrunt

Post by amigrunt »

Dutch seem just a little powerful because with that extra wood crate they can easily make 1 bank on age up, almost two.
cheesehat

Post by cheesehat »

Port hunting dogs doesn't seem to work, im still aging at 4:30 with 13 OR 14 villies
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""cheesehat""]Port hunting dogs doesn't seem to work, im still aging at 4:30 with 13 OR 14 villies[/quote]

no, it works....
amigrunt

Post by amigrunt »

Well I've hit a roadblock trying to find my civ because I can't seem to be awesome with dutch or French. I think i'll give India another go because I may not like them but I simply don't lose with them.
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

With this new FP I feel like I can try out so many different civs. Given i'm really only playing with china, aztec, iro and sometimes germans (team), but I just find it being a lot easier to try out new civs when the game is so much better balanced.
jonesk
Private
Private

Post by jonesk »

Yes, I never feel I lost the game because of some major civ imbalance, but because of my own mistakes. Or maybe I am playing the new OP civs? :?
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

The only civ I think that are weak are Spain and hmm perhaps Aztec but I'm not sure about Aztec because I haven't played them. I'm not a big fan of azzies tho.
Palehorse
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Palehorse »

I dunno if Spain is relatively weak or not, but they are certainly easier to play in FP 1.1. I especially like the 5 vil politician.
TheRam
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by TheRam »

Spain in team if used correctly (FF with 3 Vill, 5 Vill 4 Vill and 5 Vill age to fort) gives you ridiculous economy + ship 1000w get 2 more TCs and by 8 minutes or so you're ready to spam lancers
it's immense.
And it's what NP did vs me :/
amigrunt

Post by amigrunt »

You know, the only really op thing I see about India is their 5:30 get 12 sepoys in enemy base strat. The fp really didn't change that strat at all. All they did was make it so you get 12 sepoys at 5:40 and that's only marginally better.
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]The only civ I think that are weak are Spain and hmm perhaps Aztec but I'm not sure about Aztec because I haven't played them. I'm not a big fan of azzies tho.[/quote]

I havent played them all that much competitively, but I find them pretty OK still.