My Laptop and it's problems

Everything tech-related is discussed here

Moderator: Global Moderator

Highlander999
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

My Laptop and it's problems

Post by Highlander999 »

ARGHH. That about sums up my feelings on my laptop. I really don't know what is wrong with it.

Basically it has got to the stage where I can no longer play on ESO as I am lagging so much. Now I know for a fact it isn't my internet connection. I have used someone else laptop and I have played a 1v1 against the AI and my lag was horrendous. I mean this was really bad lag, movement every 10 seconds at best.

Now I really don't know what has caused this to happen. I have ruled out any spyware/virus. There is one thing though. The lag gets even worse when a fan clicks on inside my laptop and literally, I can go away and have lunch and about 30 seconds of gameplay will have happened :roll: The laptop also begins to get red hot around the back and on the mouse touch pad. I am thinking that perhaps it is over-heating, but I don't know why it has suddenly started doing this. Another idea that someone said is that it could be faulty RAM???

Now my laptop has been knocked around a bit and it also has been hit by a snow ball, so I am wondering if that is beginning to take effect.

Any ideas about what could be wrong, and how I can solve it? As you can imagine, with me being at uni, I have got hardly any cash and I really cannot deal financially with a big repair bill or even a new laptop. If I can't get this sorted out, I might just have to quit the game until I get more money :(

Please help...............
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Re: My Laptop and it's problems

Post by djdan »

Need specs of the laptop to help?

Also could be fan/cooling system, faulty RAM, dodgy graphics card, may not be optimum to run AOE3.

Also you make sure the specs of the laptop up to scratch with TAD, not just AOE3 vanilla? Vanilla doesnt require as much as TAD and also for the fact the amount more memory AOE3 + expansions takes up than just AOE.
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
Highlander999
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Highlander999 »

I have been using this laptop and playing TAD on it since early in the summer. Believe me, it runs TAD and my specs are good enough ;)

I forgot to mention, that this is not just a TAD problem. Everything lags now, even Microsoft Word, FFS.
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

Trojans, Bots, Virus
Highlander999
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Highlander999 »

That is another thing (If I can get anymore problems, lol) AVG won't update. It says invalid CTF Control file (or something like that) I have scanned with Windows Defender and AVG and thet are coming up clean though
NitroZ
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: somegreekguy

Post by NitroZ »

that used to happen with my old laptop.

problem was the hard drive(was getting old/dieing). but my laptop was 3 years old. i still have the laptop but i dont use it anymore i gave it to my dad and he bought a new hard drive for it and its running fine.

can u tell us some more info?

like RAM
how old it is
or anything else

beh almost forgot if u have that um dunno what its called its the can that sprays out air to get rid of dust. try it on ur fan and see if that helps.
Aravinthan
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Aravinthan »

Yh it would help knowing mroe details.
RAM
How old?
Processor Speed
Video Card... maybe yo uare tryign with a video card that is incompatible?
A master Piece done by cleeduz
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

I would blame the snow ball :D

probably damaged some hardware
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Blackadderthe4th »

If its a recent and sudden thing you could try a system restore and restore it to a time when it was not lagging.
Highlander999
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Highlander999 »

Sorry for not replying sooner. For some reason I didn't think anyone had replyed :?:

Anyway, I am not too technical but I will try my best.

The laptop is new, still under warranty. Bought it back in June. This isn't a spec thing as I have been using it to run TAD for a few months now and it was going perfectly fine.

Here are some of my specs, which I hope are useful:

http://s130.photobucket.com/albums/p274 ... led-22.jpg
http://s130.photobucket.com/albums/p274 ... led-21.jpg

@ NitroZ: Would a can of deodarant work?
@ BA4th: System Restore is voodo to me. Last time I did it, it cost me £80 to get my laptop repaired
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »