What was your biggest in-game mistake, or worst loss?

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Aravinthan
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: What was your biggest in-game mistake, or worst loss?

Post by Aravinthan »

whos buck? anyway i was playing vs a japa lamer and rushed the ass out of him as aztecs, got his tc and all, excpet freaken 3 villagers. I was tired of looking for them so i put my vils to work and went to play my hockey game i came back to see: You have been defeated.....
A master Piece done by cleeduz
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

My worst overall mistake was choosing to play TAD Quick Match for over two months, during which time I was called "a noob who lives with his mom; " a "noobbashing German lam0r;" told that AOE3 was "a game I suck at" after remarking that it was "just a game;" asked "Is that the best you can do?" by a Aztec Capt. who crushed me (then a new Master Sgt.) with 19 maces, coyotes and spears; and subjected to various other insults and indignities.

As far as tactics go, I have made some dumb, dumb moves, such as: mistakenly adding villies into cav control groups; ringing the town bell at the wrong time; forgetting to move the waypoints from the danger zone, leading to needless losses; totally forgetting about fort wagons or factory wagons; forgetting to get market upgrades.

I think my worst loss was a Russian game I played against Sioux a long time ago. It was on Orinoco. He fenced me off from food and killed lots of villies, which I didn't have food to replace. Then he settled in with the firepit and came at me with 150 siege horses and such. It was pitiful.

Another bad one was a team game on Honshu. The British walled off the whole island and boomed/schooner-boomed. They took the sea and basically hid behind their wall with LB's, holding off all our attacks. Meanwhile, they had about 6 frigates and monitors, which killed all our villies from long-range. Very lame and frustrating indeed.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
cleeduz
Honorary Officer

Post by cleeduz »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]
As far as tactics go, I have made some dumb, dumb moves, such as: mistakenly adding villies into cav control groups; ringing the town bell at the wrong time; forgetting to move the waypoints from the danger zone, leading to needless losses; totally forgetting about fort wagons or factory wagons; forgetting to get market upgrades.[/quote]

After the game I played last night, reading this makes me feel better... I guess I'm just a noob and I'm gonna make mistakes... I was going to take a break from ESO tonight and wallow in last nights shame, but maybe I'll hop on and give it a try, thanks Kaiser!
"Nature doesn't like Agra forts." - Sporting Lisbon

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. - Ben Franklin
Nighthawk22
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Nighthawk22 »

um.. i left half way to grab a snack.. and when i came back i kinda got killed.. :neutral:
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""cleeduz""][quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]
As far as tactics go, I have made some dumb, dumb moves, such as: mistakenly adding villies into cav control groups; ringing the town bell at the wrong time; forgetting to move the waypoints from the danger zone, leading to needless losses; totally forgetting about fort wagons or factory wagons; forgetting to get market upgrades.[/quote]

After the game I played last night, reading this makes me feel better... I guess I'm just a noob and I'm gonna make mistakes... I was going to take a break from ESO tonight and wallow in last nights shame, but maybe I'll hop on and give it a try, thanks Kaiser![/quote]

No problem, Cleeduz. I am relatively new to RTS and I have already found that it is all about speed. But there is so much to do, all the time! The only way to get better is to continue to drill it. Watching replays helps, too. I will say that N3O is a great place to learn and improve. Playing an RTS can be--I think--quite stressful. If you're playing it with friends with no rank pressure, though, it lets you grow and expand. When I was alone playing rated, I was afraid to try new things for fear of losing PR. Now, I play with the clan and get real experience. It is great! Good luck. If I can ever help you out, I'd be glad to.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
mrsniffler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by mrsniffler »

Deleteing first tc in a treaty game

20min into game in attempt to make room xD

i couldnt build stuff and lost

it was sad :(

and another time i was facing a china he had amazing eco in treaty

i killed 70 of his villys

half his villages

pretty much all his barraks

and pushed him half way into his base.

but since i was brits my eco didnt last

and he pushed me back -.-