CDB gather bonus question

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Puddleglum
Private
Private

CDB gather bonus question

Post by Puddleglum »

Okay, I looked real hard in Cyclo's guide to see if I could find the answer to this question, but I couldn't find anything definitive. The question is, is the 25% bonus for all gathering built-in to the CDB base gathering rates, or is it more like an invisible technology that stacks just like any other gathering bonus?

For example, the villager gather rate for wood is .5. The CDB gather rate is .625 (.5 * 1.25) If I research Gang Saw at the market (+10%), is my CDB wood gather now .5 * 1.35 = .675 , or .625 * 1.10 = .6875?

I would expect it to be the latter, since otherwise the value of CDBs would suffer in the late game, right? Just curious.
"Nothing wrong with me. Not a frog. Nothing frog with me. I'm a respectabiggle"
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: CDB gather bonus question

Post by IndyBrit »

This is a great question. I always assumed the latter, but...
Marksman_Anders
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Marksman_Anders »

You could do a test on it. :) I've always assumed the latter too, but normally, improvements and cards are applied on the basepercentage IIRC.
gg
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

MNBob's unit chart is a good reference for this.

http://www.hanson-family.ws/aoe3/tad/un ... #villagers

cdb is a separate unit from a settler/villager, not an "enhanced" villager like India's where the Indian villies get the first 2 market woodcutting upgrades for free at the start of the game.

cdb has its own set of stats. its BASE stats for woodcutting are .62 (according to MNBob's chart), so any upgrades would go against that. So, it SHOULD be 1.10 * .62 = .682 (or whatever the numbers come out to)