KingKaramazov's Mentees Post Here!

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

KingKaramazov's Mentees Post Here!

Post by KingKaramazov »

All of my mentees should post any recorded games that they want looked at here. :)
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
Shizle

Re: KingKaramazov's Mentees Post Here!

Post by Shizle »

hey King, I'll try to get some replays to post. FYI, I can't access this website from home, so I have to wait until I get to work. I appreciate you taking the time out to mentor me.
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

No problem at all :)
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Just gonna bump this thread; this thread should be used by both Shizle (for the GR.org Mentoring Program) as well as Kakarot333 (for the N3O Mentoring Program).

Good to keep it all in one place and not cluttered.

Shizle

Post by Shizle »

Well, I've been pretty busy lately and the 3 little munchkins start soccer this week, so it's not gonna get much better. In spite of not playing much at all, I jumped on yesterday and played a rated as French. My opponent was India and he FF'd, then destroyed my army with Urumis. I actually quit this game (AOE) for the night, but reconsidered this morning, figuring I should just play India. Those Urumis just seem so unbalanced. I'll try to post it later today.
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Urumis are frustrating but you just need to think of them as melee skirmishers - the answer is cavalry.

India is not an easy matchup for France; most civs with strong counters and good heayy infantry in Age 2 are tough (Japan, Ottoman, etc).
Shizle

Post by Shizle »

Those little beasts have 20 attack with an area damage of 1. I went and made 10 hussars and they did a number on the hussars before he decided to retreat and ship those 2 elephants that kill cav. It was over even before then. I'm embarrassed to post the replay because my initial reaction was that they were LI, kinda like a coyote. So, I built a bunch of pike. Reeeally bad move on my part since I see now that Urumi get a 1.8 bonus vs HI. I shot myself in the foot. But I had no experience with Urumi until then. He shipped 7, then the Team card of 5. Oh well.
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Yea. Cannons, Cav, and to a lesser extent Skirmishes will do okay against them. They own against HI, though. They're just melee skirms with great stats. Kind of like cheaper Spahis that counter HI.
xbobmcjose
Conscript
Conscript

Post by xbobmcjose »

whered I mess up on this game? Nice game Karamazov =D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shizle

Post by Shizle »

King, I played (and won) 4 rated games this weekend and none of those games were anything to post. It was just a hard Aztec rush, fixed BO type stuff against noobish opponents. Maybe I'll post since I haven't posted anything.

Hmm...I was looking at my rated games history and noticed that I beat a guy who's a captain now. I guess a blind squirrel will run into a nut every now and then!
Shizle

Shizle vs Cammel for King review

Post by Shizle »

Me vs Cammel.

Cammel said something about being new to this level of China? Not sure...I think he hadn't played them much, so I should note that.

Bummer, thought I had him, took down his forward base plus his house at his base. Two things killed me and gave him the win (I think). He raided and got something like 5 vills, then aged and swarmed me with disciples. Food was a big problem for me towards the end.

GG Cammel.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shizle

Shizle vs SNC

Post by Shizle »

This is me in a rated game against a 2nd lt. I don't recall this game being much of a challenge, but perhaps there's some value in having you do a quickie review. I don't remember much, just that I did Macabee-style aztec rush which seems very strong. Get into their base, eliminate thier military, take down a house or two so they get housed, then gg. So far, works pretty good against 2nd lts.

I beat a couple of captains with this strategy over the last few weeks, but those were unrated games. I remember I beat Zapster with his Ottos. Maybe he was trying something new...
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

I'll take a look at those.

Sorry I haven't been online hardly at all lately. School and stuff.