New approach to decks

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

lordandcount
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: New approach to decks

Post by lordandcount »

don't think you're right nav, in 1v1 6 musketeer (for instance) can make you destroy a towncenter so you win a game, in a team game 18 musk can make you destroy a towncenter but if the other 2 guys have more cards to upgrade units/train them faster you will loose although you have destroyed 1 towncenter. This happened at the rts, cuz of units shipments we won first battle but then they beat us back cuz they could spam more
NEO_CrAz3n wrote: L&C is sorta the N3O police.
I'm the most annoying officer
Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Blackadderthe4th »

Some civs have may have unit shipment cards that are worth sending but generally in 3v3s you are better off sending cards making your eco stronger so you can spam even more units continuously rather then have a slight boost in military strength for a very brief period. The small number of units you can send via military shipments aren't really going to make much of a difference against the combined arms of three enemy armies.
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

[quote=""Navarone_Guy""]
Indy: I understand that it's a game, I was just frustrated that in a FFA you were going for me nonstop from the beginning, despite me using a joke deck for fun, which just screwed us both over in the long run because everyone else was building up and I never really got a chance to play. All I was doing is hitting town bell. It's just no fun. A game is supposed to be fun more than anything else, but even after I told you that you kept attacking me just as much as before.
[/quote]

Nav,
I was giving you crap along the lines of our running AOE >> all joke. No offense intended. :)
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

[quote=""lordandcount""]don't think you're right nav, in 1v1 6 musketeer (for instance) can make you destroy a towncenter so you win a game, in a team game 18 musk can make you destroy a towncenter but if the other 2 guys have more cards to upgrade units/train them faster you will loose although you have destroyed 1 towncenter. This happened at the rts, cuz of units shipments we won first battle but then they beat us back cuz they could spam more[/quote]

Yeah, but in team if you use those unit ships to hurt their eco, then you can hurt their spam ability. I think the key is to keep your options open and respond to the situation.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

don't think you're right nav, in 1v1 6 musketeer (for instance) can make you destroy a towncenter so you win a game, in a team game 18 musk can make you destroy a towncenter but if the other 2 guys have more cards to upgrade units/train them faster you will loose although you have destroyed 1 towncenter. This happened at the rts, cuz of units shipments we won first battle but then they beat us back cuz they could spam more
Agreed.
Yeah, but in team if you use those unit ships to hurt their eco, then you can hurt their spam ability. I think the key is to keep your options open and respond to the situation.
But don't forget that hurting eco in team games is harder than in 1v1s, the map is way bigger and even if you kill a tc they can always outboom depending on the civ.
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Hurting eco in team is harder than 1v1? I'll just use my Sioux in team with you, then. :D You'll see. 3v3 just means there are 3 times as many vils to slaughter.
Groovy.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Lol Sioux is out of this discussion heh, that's why people refuse playing vs them ^^
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Then I'll use my Ports, Aztecs, or any other civ.
Groovy.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

What I meant is that when you rush, it is hard to touch their eco if you win the major battle at the fb and the map is big (like borneo or sonora for example).
ruminator
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ruminator »

Update: tried it - lost quite a bit!

Ottos - you need villager/resource shipments unless on a water map as their eco is otherwise too slow to develop.

I then thought about who else can boom in colonial without shipments - ports and brits I thought. I have tried a new port hc and at least given people a game! On water maps it can work as I can seriously outboom the opposition. On land maps, you need to have the 700 gold, one military shipment in age 2 and maybe 1/2 decent military shipments in age 3 or you get over-run.

While I may dilute down the purity of the idea, I do feel I have learnt alot about the mechanics of the game doing this.
"Could you, would you, with a goat? Would you, could you, on a boat?" Doctor Seuss

"Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?"
George Wallace