AOE2 Scenario ideas - anyone?

General Discussion about Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

murdilator
N3O Member
N3O Member

AOE2 Scenario ideas - anyone?

Post by murdilator »

I recently was asked to make some scenarios, mostly multiplayer, for AOE2 HD, one because it would be fun, and two that there would be a big audience, and thirdly, I have some experience in building fun scenarios. I'm not sure if they have CSO there (Custom Scenarios Online), but hopefully they will. Iirc they have in LAN games, so hopefully, yes, it will be fun. I would also have to get used to the AOE2 editor again, which I have worked with before to much fun.

If you guys have any wishes or requests, any new ideas just place them here.

Would a multiplayer-coop campaign be fun?

regards,

murd
"Feel the Might of the Sioux!" - Gall, when fighting and defeating your army at his own base.

---------------

Scenario Design Competition Participant 2009:

3v3 WildernessRoad: https://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/ ... ileid=2521
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: AOE2 Scenario ideas - anyone?

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Tower building scenarios were my favorites when I played aoe2 ten years ago!
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

there is this very popular map blood bath that joe4holly fell in love with.
i also think some sort of mystery/detective game would be quite fun. don't ask me of any concrete ideas yet, it's just that, an idea.
P Gracias
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by P Gracias »

RPG Scenarios please  :D
Who?What?Where?How?When?Why?
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by joe4holly »

The map I love is CBA! Any old maps will work fine with aoe2 hd! Most aoe3 maps was remakes from aoe2 xD

If I was you start off with a colosseum / cannibal / towerdefence games. Loads of maps to copy and get to learn the triggers.  They easy to do and prob better than aoe3!

Loads of maps to download here :)
http://soldierofortune2.free.fr/aoe2/scenario/
murdilator
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by murdilator »

Interesting ideas so far!

I am for making RPG so long as there is some story-line of sorts. It's also much easier to follow historical story-lines than to make them up myself. However, I am extremely for using creativeness in the game to make the scenario feel like a proper RPG, such as Oblivion.

I haven't actually played Tower Defense yet, either aoe2 or aoe3. Is it some sort of rush scenario, or a place where the enemy has to get to a certain place and there are towers between the place where they have to go?

I have seen some of Castle Blood Automatic. When I get AOE2 from Steam, I'll take a look at scenario building.
"Feel the Might of the Sioux!" - Gall, when fighting and defeating your army at his own base.

---------------

Scenario Design Competition Participant 2009:

3v3 WildernessRoad: https://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/ ... ileid=2521
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

I really liked the mutation-like maps from aoe3.. Something like that in aoe2 would be rly cool aswell :D
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
AdriftCrescent8
Corporal
Corporal

Post by AdriftCrescent8 »

I once built a campaign in AOE2 where a britons & celts rose against the roman supressors in britain.. I believe I used king arthur as the hero! He fought heavily outnumbered & had to use his few longbowmen & celtic allies in the forests & the highlands. After beating the Romans, they established a powerful kingdom that started to invade the European mainland. I built France, Germany, Spain, Italy & Denmark in the campaign & made ambush maps and so on :).. I made the Britons & celts rally armies from the "conquerored" regions and let them jump into historical battles like the invasion of the Moors in France!
If you want, I can help you write a storyline? Could be fun ^^
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

well people like in general to play historical events even if they are only similar to the original
AdriftCrescent8
Corporal
Corporal

Nah, "people" like to be a leader, a strategist and a conqueror, forging their own empire as it grows through a campaign! We should make a N3O campaign with heroes of all civilizations, uniting to dominate the world x)
historical campaigns are done a thousand times.. This is something that will require more creativity! Lets create our own heroes & history in this campaign, with all clan members in it! We can make it neverending & constantly release new episodes! Wouldn't that be fun?
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

i for one don't like rpg style strategy games. i think a fun custom map, like a minigame, is far superior to that  :)
a game which can be learned in 3 minutes and is alot of fun
P Gracias
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by P Gracias »

AdriftCrescent8 wrote: Nah, "people" like to be a leader, a strategist and a conqueror, forging their own empire as it grows through a campaign! We should make a N3O campaign with heroes of all civilizations, uniting to dominate the world x)
historical campaigns are done a thousand times.. This is something that will require more creativity! Lets create our own heroes & history in this campaign, with all clan members in it! We can make it neverending & constantly release new episodes! Wouldn't that be fun?
Sounds sweet. How's AOE2 HD btw?Didn't buy yet.
AdriftCrescent8
Corporal
Corporal

kinda the same like AOE2, but in HD xp
Only thing i hate about it is the zoom.. You seem to be unable to zoom in or change the resolution! So you have a big screen and small units. Any solutions to this? Btw, haven't played online yet.
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

Well they still have some issues but in the end it seems it revived the AOE2 online play cause the MP platform is more crowded than on GR or voobly, at least what i have read so far
P Gracias
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by P Gracias »

Comadevil wrote: Well they still have some issues but in the end it seems it revived the AOE2 online play cause the MP platform is more crowded than on GR or voobly, at least what i have read so far
What "issues"?I'm not sure if I should get it.