Dutch Rush

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

live_long_spark
Conscript
Conscript

Dutch Rush

Post by live_long_spark »

OK before I start this strategy I would like to thank all of N3O's members for adding me 2 the clan with a warm welcome. Oh and ya i may be a low level, but it's only because I was trying to make a really good india rush.

OK this is a strategy that I use every time I play a dutch rush. It works on every map (land and light naval maps) It is a starting 3 bank rush with about 30 skirms (depending on ur skill) and rooms for nades or hussars.

My deck is:
Age 1: 3 villys, bank of Amsterdam, bank of Rotterdam, Colonial Militia

Age2: 700 food, gold, wood,(wood can also be replaced by team infantry points), infantry attack, 3 hussars (or pike), bank wagon(must have), 2 outpost, advanced arsenal, religious freedom, and fencing school

Age : 1000 food and gold, military reforms, infantry combat, 9 ruyters, 6 petards (aka jihads), 4 outpost(can be replaced by fort in age 4), fort, and 6 hackapells

Age 4: 2 factories

Ok in age 1 all on gold crate until u gather 100 gold and then shift 5 villys to the nearest hunts. when the rest of the crates r gathered put ur remaining villys on gold and make villys and a house until u reach a population of 17.

card 1: 3 villys

by the time u hit the button to head for age 2 u should have around 8 on food and 9 on gold. age with 400 wood. MAKE SURE TO GET TREASURES!!!
wood and food treasures help a ton. if u need help with treasure hunting look at the guide on this site found in the TAD Strategy section.

Transition

Once u hit the age button, out ur 9 vills that where on gold and switch them to wood. if you get good enough treasures you can make a bank while in the age up.

By the time you age u should have another shipment. send the bank wagon card. after gathering wood make 2 banks for a total of three banks. after that you need houses and a rax. build a rax asap and cue villys. ur tjird shipment should be here. send 700 gold. while it is coming should should be able to make maybe 10 skirms. gather gold and make around 30 skirms. if there is no sigh of the enemy make 10 grenaders they are the bomb....no pun intended.... :D

4th card should be infantry attack to pump up those skirms. then just attack him, but be smart about where u attacku might wanna split skirms and attack from 2 sides. if you have a good map make a 4th bank and make some mercenaries.

If he has a good defense,back off and age. send 6 petards and make cannons and halbs. push and push and take map control.
ruminator
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: Dutch Rush

Post by ruminator »

I think you hit age 2 too late with 17 settlers - especially with only 8 on food. Dutch advantage is to hit age 2 one of the earliest - if you try this against a jann rush for instance, they'd be in your base before you even got barracks down.

I then prefer 700 wood to bank wagon card. I find I can get 3 banks up quicker that way by leaving settlers on food. You can still get a barrcks down while waiting for the 700 wood to arrive.

I would also be worried about building skirms only, unless I was sure they didn't have a stables down. 8 pike card is one I often play as a good anti-cav shield.

Do you have any recs of this?
"Could you, would you, with a goat? Would you, could you, on a boat?" Doctor Seuss

"Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?"
George Wallace
Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Hydrovert5 »

With Dutch, you're better off Fast-Fortressing.

That way, you'll have access to mostly auto-veteran units, all well as a few nifty mercenary shipments.

If you want the 4 Bank FF BO from me, hitch me on ESO.
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

You have orders to make Grens, but no Artillery Foundry in your B.O.
emperoral
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by emperoral »

Nice idea needs tweeking a bit by the looks keep up the good work and thanks for posting