Back..

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

MasterDragoon
N3O Member
N3O Member

Back..

Post by MasterDragoon »

Hey guys, I know its been a while. Havent really played anything this past year, was applying to medical school, got accepted, and now taking a year off. Anyone still play AOE? Is the knew one AOEO any good and worth it? Played a little bit of LoL too when aoe was getting a little inactive.
generalbuschmann
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Back..

Post by generalbuschmann »

i think nobody is really playing aoe3 anymore.
a few play aoeo now.
but you should definitely join the league :P
a few guys from n3o are on the euw servers :)
MasterDragoon
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by MasterDragoon »

how is it compared to aoe3?
generalbuschmann
N3O Member
N3O Member

You cant compare those games as its not a rts.
But its the most played game right now, so you can find games in a couple of seconds at any times.
There are different servers so if you are from north america im not sure if there is anyone of n3o playing on the na servers. If you are from east coast playing on the eu servers might be good enough though...
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

i think he meant aoeo? iti s comparable to aom tbh, it has the aoe feeling to it. there are a dozen of us playing it.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

AOEO is a great game and you should definitely try it, there's plenty of us playing it :) It is closer to aoe3 than LoL.
generalbuschmann
N3O Member
N3O Member

Aaryn_GenD wrote: i think he meant aoeo?
doesnt matter play LoL  :D
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

If you are in North America, play it earlier rather than later for games.  Seems like there are a lot of Euros on the Marathon server and that thing dies out pretty quick in the evening in the US.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
MasterDragoon
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by MasterDragoon »

Alright, I think I'm gonna get it. Always been a fan of the aoe series. Is there much of a difference between the regular, pro, and premium versions? Which one should I get
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

wb bro.

If you ever plan to play aoe3. I'm a survivor. One of the few..
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
MasterDragoon
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by MasterDragoon »

Actually, I wanted to play some aoe3, just cant find my cd haha. So I just downloaded AOEO, the regular free edition, and still trying to figure this game out
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

MasterDragoon wrote: Actually, I wanted to play some aoe3, just cant find my cd haha. So I just downloaded AOEO, the regular free edition, and still trying to figure this game out
well... there kinda has been a patch for no CD play, so maybe that can help you (im not sure). With that patch I think you can easily pirate it and then go online with your existing account.
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
MasterDragoon
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by MasterDragoon »

hmm, i'll check it out
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

jerom wrote:
MasterDragoon wrote: Actually, I wanted to play some aoe3, just cant find my cd haha. So I just downloaded AOEO, the regular free edition, and still trying to figure this game out
well... there kinda has been a patch for no CD play, so maybe that can help you (im not sure). With that patch I think you can easily pirate it and then go online with your existing account.
Yes this is piece of cake. However aoeo is also a great choice.

As a free player you get to choose from Greek, Egypt and Celts which are all highly versatile civs and very popular. Then, you can either play custom games as if you we're on Eso, by inviting people to your party or by getting invited, you can observe games etc: this is what people call pvp; or you can play the campaign in order to get Empire Points to unlock your first "paid" civ.

On the pvp ( player vs player ) part the only thing that you can't do is play 1v1 quicksearch.
MasterDragoon
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by MasterDragoon »

Yea I was wondering how to play people. I think I am doing a tutorial where you do all these quests? I find the best way to learn is just play lol. I guess watching is good too, if anyone wants to let me watch a game I think my name is "master dragoon." Add me!