Can o worms

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Can o worms

Post by Soccerman771 »

Ok, so the election cycle in the US is pretty much in full swing now with now just over 60 days until the election.

What do the non-US folks think?  Do you even care?
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Frits
Conscript
Conscript

Re: Can o worms

Post by Frits »

Not really, media is really one sided here (in favour of obama). And we all expect obama to be reelected. But the whole circus doesnt get much attention.
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

I think about 95% of Holland is pro-obama (or the democrats in general during every single election)
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Yes we care!

I do appreciate Obama's overall feel of reducing social inequalities but sadly what the world needs right now is an economically strong USA that can turn around this crisis.

That, and Mitt Romney being against reducing to half the american presence in the Azores. The american base is quite big and has a large economical influence in the region. Romney also wants to straighten the bonds to Europe, and one can't argue against that.
generalbuschmann
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by generalbuschmann »

Mostly bad things you hear in German media about Romney (at least from what i saw).
I think he is a terrible person...
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

people don't care really, because things will stay mostly the same. those presidents are just puppets.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

My small town suburbia is very pro Obama. Fwiw.
emperoral
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by emperoral »

Well Romney get my vote. I know lets get some workers to build a stage so he can speak to the company he owns to enform them that they are sacked. What a great guy! Funny he says he want jobs for Americans but out sources his own companys to India etc.Well thats what the rumours say.  Also hear it's 50-50 over there, bet you cannot watch the TV without a commercial dig at one of them.

Guess anything can happen as you guys voted George Bush twice, how the hell he got a second term amazes me.

Hmm is that another can of worms been opened now. ;)
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

Well Romney has done everything to make himself unpopular in Europe, when he was here some weeks ago for a visit.

One example:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19007127

On the other hand Obama isn't the best president the US ever had, but IMO he is the better choice over Romney.

Though Romney may be another guy when he is president cause often the office shapes the man as we say in Germany

What disturbs me more is the division in congress and that the parties aren't able to work together and make even small compromises it seems.

The republicans get more and more hijacked by the tea party, the parties are just sitting in their ideological dugouts.

At this time the parties seem to do more what they think is good for them than for their country.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Comadevil wrote: What disturbs me more is the division in congress and that the parties aren't able to work together and make even small compromises it seems.
^^someone that's paying attention.  This is the biggest road block currently.  Neither 'team' wants to compromise for political posturing and let something good happen while the other guy is in power.  Sad, really.

I don't see Romney or Obama as that different being politicians.  They will say and do anything to get elected, but I don't believe Obama has done anything to help lead and unite the country.  If anything, we are more divided now than we were 4 years ago.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

Honestly thats pretty much the story of any political model I know... they just say stuff and then eventually they end up arguing about everything and don't really do anything interesting....

In Holland we're also having elections atm and im honestly really disappointed by the fact that nobody actually says smart things.... They just try to win the less intelligent people for them by saying things that are mostly nonsense lol. Nobody actually truly adresses the matters at hand or uses any serious arguments to defend why what they want to do is best. Its all a little bit sad lol.
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

it's over, obama won. goodbye romney
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

Haha, can't deny im happy with the result :)
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Republicans need to work on expanding their target audience.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Aaryn_GenD wrote: it's over, obama won. goodbye America
FIFY.

Btw, i agree with you sporting
jtackel@hotmail.com