General Discussion about StarCraft 2

Moderators: Global Moderator, SC2 moderator

Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Global Play

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/3686351439#1
In preparation for the upcoming launch of Diablo® III, we’ve updated the Battle.net® Terms of Use to cover some key changes that will be occurring prior to the game’s release.

New Battle.net Balance Limits and Security Requirements: With the upcoming release of Diablo III’s currency-based auction house, account security will become more important than ever; we are making a few changes to ensure that players who wish to use the auction house have a safe and worry-free experience. Beginning prior to the launch of Diablo III, in order to carry a Battle.net Balance greater than €100 EUR / £80 GBP (or equivalent), players will be required to attach a Battle.net Authenticator or Battle.net Mobile Authenticator to their Battle.net account. In addition, we will be instituting a Battle.net Balance maximum limit of €250 EUR / £200 GBP (or equivalent). We’ll go into more detail about the different options for making purchases in the currency-based auction house prior to launch.

Global Play: When Diablo III presales began, we mentioned as part of the purchase process that Diablo III players would be able to choose to play on game servers based in the Americas, Europe, or Asia, regardless of what region they were connecting from or which language-version of the game they purchased (with certain restrictions). As you’ll see in the updated TOU, the name for this functionality is “Global Play,” and we’ll be providing more information about exactly how it works, including the restrictions noted above, prior to Diablo III’s launch.

Stay tuned to diablo3.com for further details on the currency-based auction house and Global Play in the coming weeks.

what i said may be true? how long do you guys think till it comes o sc2? (Global Play)
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Global Play

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

hmm dunno. I dont think they're going to add cross region play into sc2, but the situation might be different a few years forward. I hope they make tournament servers or somthing like that.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

HeJurmhoanni wrote: hmm dunno. I dont think they're going to add cross region play into sc2, but the situation might be different a few years forward. I hope they make tournament servers or somthing like that.
they will add it, the qustion is just when. hoepfully with hots
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

I woudlnt be so sure. I don't really wanna see true global play tbh. Would make it lagg more. I'd be fine with people being able to decide on which server they are going to play but u know, cross server play isn't really a big problem, just for people like us. 99% of the community probably doesnt give a sht.
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

jerom wrote: I woudlnt be so sure. I don't really wanna see true global play tbh. Would make it lagg more. I'd be fine with people being able to decide on which server they are going to play but u know, cross server play isn't really a big problem, just for people like us. 99% of the community probably doesnt give a sht.
you don't seem to understand. they would not merge all the servers.. you can just DECIDE where you want to play before you login. just how it was in Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3.