Rules of the G8 game of March the 4th

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Rules of the G8 game of March the 4th

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Pirates - No Schooners or Water Dance cards allowed! No East India Men either. I'll let you go with Aztec Cheap Fishing Boats Team card to make up for the no water dance.

Quest for the Treasure Island! - Controlling the 3 Trade Route TP's of the map will earn you 6 Points. Building a TP on a Native Village will earn you 2 Points.

Map: Caribbean

Rest of the points are the same as usual
Last edited by Sporting_Lisbon on Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Rules of the G8 game of March the 4th

Post by joe4holly »

ooo fun,
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

It might lagg though XD
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by joe4holly »

na it be fine.
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

idk if its me but there also is insane action lagg whenever I play on a map that contains water, even deccan is affected.
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by joe4holly »

time for a new comp maybe ?
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

comp is good (aka recording in 1080 hd while running steam, skype, xfire, google chrome and aoe3 without any lagg). Im just really lagg sensitive, I notice it instantly and it annoys me a lot tbh. I've read many posts that it is about the particles causing this (I'd suppose that the smoke is also a form of particles) and I always turn on that option (via the ekanta TAD UI) that hides the particles.

I'd be pretty surprised if it was me, better said, I have played 1v1's on water maps without lagg but when its a 3v3 it just always laggs becausse there are more people idk.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

It's probably one guy that's 6 hours away that has to link with everyone else that just slows everything down.  Man, screw that guy!

:p
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Heyco
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Heyco »

jerom wrote: comp is good (aka recording in 1080 hd while running steam, skype, xfire, google chrome and aoe3 without any lagg). Im just really lagg sensitive, I notice it instantly and it annoys me a lot tbh. I've read many posts that it is about the particles causing this (I'd suppose that the smoke is also a form of particles) and I always turn on that option (via the ekanta TAD UI) that hides the particles.

I'd be pretty surprised if it was me, better said, I have played 1v1's on water maps without lagg but when its a 3v3 it just always laggs becausse there are more people idk.
Awesome people use Chrome. Awesome person is awesome.

Seems legit.
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by joe4holly »

jerom wrote: comp is good (aka recording in 1080 hd while running steam, skype, xfire, google chrome and aoe3 without any lagg). Im just really lagg sensitive, I notice it instantly and it annoys me a lot tbh. I've read many posts that it is about the particles causing this (I'd suppose that the smoke is also a form of particles) and I always turn on that option (via the ekanta TAD UI) that hides the particles.

hum... get a new graphics card.  or do this
If you are experiencing lag that may be due to particles in explosions, I would first suggest that you make sure you have the 'Particle Quality' set to 'Low' (found in Options -> Graphics Options). I would also turn 'High-poly Models' off on that same page. I am assuming your other graphics qualities are set to their lowest settings as well.

If it is still too choppy on your machine and you want to turn the particles off completely, you can. In your 'My Documents\My Games\Age of Empires 3\Startup' directory create a new file called user.cfg (or edit the existing one). You can do this by right clicking in the directory, selecting new -> text document, then renaming it to user.cfg. Then edit that file using notepad, and add the following line:

hideParticles=true

Then restart the game and the particles should not appear. If they do, make sure the user.cfg file is not actually named user.cfg.txt. (This can happen if windows is set to hide the file extensions).
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

But it isnt choppy at all. I have no lagg of freezing screen or slow scrolling or slow moving mouse at all. Not even close. I just experience action lagg every game (so that when I make a command the server registers it like a couple of seconds after I made the command).
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by joe4holly »

you can give it ago, to see if it makes any diffrence.  If not could just be the guy across the lake.
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

Actually read it more closely and I dont think that can be it because the ekanta TAD UI has the option to hide particles. I use that every game. Im pretty sure it must be other people lagging then and I must have forgotten the lagg free games on deccan and other water maps because those just weren't special.
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by joe4holly »

You know what your comp specs are ?
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

windows 7 64 bit
intel core i5
nvidia geforce GT320 1024 MB
1 TB HDD
4 GB DDR3 memory.

Plnety to play skyrim and sc2 so I dont see it not work with aoe3 :P