Strategy and Replay Discussion, please state the matchup in the thread title

Moderators: Global Moderator, SC2 moderator

Kildeer
Conscript
Conscript

Look at my game and tell me what I can do better

Post by Kildeer »

Hi people,

I'd like to get better at SC2 so could anyone have a look at my replay and tell me what I can do better? It's as Protoss and it's just a mass zealot strat against a hard computer (co-op). I know I'm susceptible to air, but I just need some 2nd opinion on my game. :)

All the best, Kildeer.930
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Look at my game and tell me what I can do better

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

gonna look into it. :)

EDIT: i think u posted a wrong replay :o
Last edited by HeJurmhoanni on Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kildeer
Conscript
Conscript

Post by Kildeer »

Hi and thanks for taking the time. I just checked and it is the right one. :) It's with other players vs the comp.

I'm not very good competitively right now, cause my heart starts beating and my hands start shaking, but not in co-op. :p
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

Ohh ok. I wasnt aware of your skill level. Gonna check the game now :)
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

Ok i've watched the game now.

Focus on the basic macro stuff. Make probes all the time: at 20min u had like 35 probes you should have way more like 60 at least by then. Make pylons all the time so that u dont get supply blocked. Spend all of your money by using your gateways constantly (not letting them just sit there when they could make units), expanding, getting upgrades etc.  make more production buildings like gateways or robos if you cant spend all the money. Also u shouldnt take 2 gas if u r going to go mass zealots because zealots obviously dont cost any gas.

About the game: Keep your armies together so one of your army doesnt get caught and killed easily. When u keep them together the army is 3 times more effective than when they are separated, also your attacks will be way more effective if everyone attacks the same time to the same place. Like in that game the other protoss guy lost his voidrays twice because he was first defending alone and then attacking alone. I also recommend playing aganst harder difficulty cause at the end u would have killed them all by yourself but imagine if all your your armies were together you could have beat them even if it was 3 times better AI.

I recommend trying to play the ladder. I was in the exactly same situation as you are right now when i was firts time playing aoe3 online. i was shaking and swetting like hell and it felt like my heart bashes out of my chest. But i kept playing and finally calmed down. I still get nervous when i play a tournament game but its not nearly as big as it was at the early days of aoe3. You just gotta get used to it. And trust me it is worth it.
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

ALso take a look at SC2 Noob School.
Those videos cover the basics u are lacking right now