New Fun Ideas for N3O FP

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

murdilator
N3O Member
N3O Member

New Fun Ideas for N3O FP

Post by murdilator »

I have a new idea for Grenadiers, which though may endanger other grenadier-type units.

Simply give them their original cost (120 food, 60 coin), 180 HP, 0.30 armor (instead of 0.60), 2x against infantry, 0.75x against cavalry and light infantry, 18 hand attack, 2x against cavalry in hand mode, 1.6x against light infantry in hand mode, and 13 range. I have tested this and it is pretty cool. It isn't unfair. Also, I will have to balance these units out with Mantlets, perhaps giving Grenadiers a 0.60x against Mantlet units. Cannons may also need 0.60x against Mantlets.

I was also thinking of France and Germany. Both of these civs have a hard time making a transition from Fortress age to Industrial age in their booming capabilities, although these two civs have the strongest economies in the game. I am currently testing the Fusilier, adapted with permission from Napoleonic Era, rebalanced by me for this patch, to replace the Musketeer for the French and for the Germans. These Fusiliers are first available in Age 3 and have such stats: 80 food, 50 coin, 35 train points, 180 HP, 4.80 speed, 0.10 hand armor, 28 ranged attack, 1.5x against ranged cavalry and Eagle Runners, 12 Range, 16 LOS (same as musketeer), 16 hand attack, 3x against cavalry, 2.4x against light infantry. They turn Veteran upon hitting Fortress Age. France gets less Early game flexibility, and maybe part of their rushing is taken away, but they have a nice Fortress gameplay. Fusiliers are also historical for France, and would be available in Age 3. I also have modded the French Musketeer Politician (Industrial age 10 Musketeers) to give 8 Fusiliers For France, and made the German General Politician (Imperial Age 10 Skirmishers +1 Heavy Cannon) to 10 Fusiliers +1 Heavy Cannon, available for France and Germany.  And the Note that I will do something with the Thoroughbreds card. Perhaps faster horses, stronger horses, or maybe all Hussars turn into Cuirassiers? Just a thought.

Furthermore, I thought about French Code Napoleon. What if I moved it to Age 3, but made it also give a Covered Wagon free? People would be more eager to use the French Church tech then in many game situations. Sure, people may use this very often, but don't people use the Dutch Church Card often, the Portuguese one, and the German one?

I have also been testing Tilly's Discipline upgrade. It seems that with the new Fusilier, which is a situational unit for Germany, this upgrade should give +10% speed for Ranged Infantry (instead of +20%), +15% damage for Ranged Infantry, +20% speed for Hand Infantry, and +10% cost for Infantry. It is quite balanced, all of this, and does give Germany versatility. Also I think I may make it cost 200 coin.

What do you guys think? Would you like to test the new Grenadiers later, and possibly Fusiliers? I have just been having fun with this, nothing special.

regards,

murdilator
"Feel the Might of the Sioux!" - Gall, when fighting and defeating your army at his own base.

---------------

Scenario Design Competition Participant 2009:

3v3 WildernessRoad: https://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/ ... ileid=2521
murdilator
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: New Fun Ideas for N3O FP

Post by murdilator »

UPDATE:

- I have also added the Azap from Napoleonic Era for the Ottomans (a halberdier-like unit), but just now, I have had a mishap with my computer and can't playtest Aoe3. I think I can code the rest though, and in a fair way. Be sure that France will get back Musketeers, but may also have Fusiliers as well.

- Azap stats, rebalanced a bit for this patch, are: Available first in Fortress Age, auto-upgrade to Veteran upon hitting - Fortress; 50 food, 60 coin, 31 Train Points, 150 HP, 0.20 hand armor, 4.50 speed, 22 hand attack, 2x against Cavalry, 1.6x against Light Infantry, 11 Cover Hand attack, 2x against Cavalry, 1.6x against Light Infantry; 30 Siege Attack, 15 Cover Siege attack. Affected by Janissary Combat by +15%; perhaps try and add some shipments of Azaps to the Ottomans (7; 11; 8).

- I think that Thoroughbreds should be a Hussars to Cuirassiers Transformation Card, or something like increased cavalry speed (+10% Speed), or increased HP and speed. Increased Cavalry speed may be a bit OP, but it seems like the way to go.

- The Ironclad will have 4000 HP again, 1.5 ROF (up from 1.25).

- Ironclad Tech will now cost 2000 Coin, 2 Homecity Shipments, Deliver 1 Ironclad, and increase Ironclad HP by +50%.

- Spanish Rodeleros will now have 1.5x against Heavy Infantry, 2.5x against Cavalry and 2.0x against Light Infantry. Tested and Balanced. This also gives Spain a "Grenadier" unit.

- Abus Gun damage will be increased to 28 (up from 26), bonus against Heavy Infantry to 2.25x (up from 2.0x). Counter Infantry Rifling Tech will also give +1.25x multiplier for Abus Guns against Heavy Infantry (up from +1.0x); this is so that Abus will still retain their original damage against Heavy Infantry, making them have the same efficiency. Still, they will not be as good against Mantlet and Grenadier units, as they have a 0.75x against them.

- Perhaps increase Renegado attack to 28 as well to match with Abus Guns; perhaps reduce cost to 110 coin.

- Perhaps increase Pistolero hitpoints to 170.

- Maybe a build limit on Cannons? Maybe a slight nerf to Great Bombards, such as -1 Build Limit or +1 Population count? Just ideas.

- EDIT: Royal Guard upgrades will now cost 800 wood, 800 coin (down from 1000 wood, 1000 coin).

- Perhaps make all Homecity Shipments come 50% faster upon hitting Imperial Age. This would be 0.67, or making a Shipment take ~27 seconds to arrive instead of 40 seconds to arrive.

- Also, I have gotten my AI to do some fun stuff, such as build walls, build more complex armies, try and ship different cards and build more villagers. Should I upload it for those who want a decent AI to play against?

- I will add installation instructions and clear up issues on the post at Age Sanctuary.

- Put Arsonists to 0.30 ranged armor and 2x against Infantry (instead of 1.35x against Infantry). Possibly reduce cost to 250 coin and reduce range to 13, speed to 4.50.

- Perhaps make Riding School affect Light Infantry, giving them -40% Train points (This would make Tiger Claws and Rattan Shield Natives train at a much faster rate once these cards have been sent).

- India may have their lategame extra +20 population slots removed, and remain at a standard of 220 after Colonial Government upgrade.

- Patch notes reformatted a bit.

- May find a way to use a BAR File converter and make this into a Standard Fan Patch, like Agesanctuary 1.2, instead of separate sound files, art files, and map files.

Thanks for support,

and God Bless!

P.S: Share with other friends and clan mates!!

regards,

murdilator
Last edited by murdilator on Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Feel the Might of the Sioux!" - Gall, when fighting and defeating your army at his own base.

---------------

Scenario Design Competition Participant 2009:

3v3 WildernessRoad: https://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/ ... ileid=2521