General Discussion about StarCraft 2

Moderators: Global Moderator, SC2 moderator

Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Patch News

Post by Comadevil »

Hello to you, Protoss players. I am coming with a gift of information that some of you may find interesting!

We have been looking into the 4gate issue and our designers have played with a lot of different fixes and changes, even those that were not strictly numbers related. While strong, 4gate is a lesser problem in other matchups, but we recognize that PvP is a different story.

Just throwing a nerf bat at warpgates would make protoss weak in early game. This is why we are currently looking at increasing warpgate research time, while at the same time compensating for it with reducing build time of protoss tier 1-1.5 units (though build times reduced only for gateways, cooldowns will stay the same for warpgates). This is an example of a fix you may see, but our developers plan to explore further options, before the patch officially hits.

We will address 4gate in the next patch.
Source
Gomezd
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Patch News

Post by Gomezd »

This is great, I think thats a very solid solution! I like I like
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
now that i finally started to use it^^ (read: play protoss again)
Last edited by Aaryn_GenD on Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

Well every PvP is a 4 gate nowadays so I think PvP gets really boring to play/watch. Actually Protoss needs a tiny nerf atm so I guess they could weaken the 4 gate and still let Protoss be fine in other mu's.
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.