heart of it all...

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

36drew
Honorary Officer

Re: heart of it all...

Post by 36drew »

The reason I feel death is permissable as a penalty is this:

-if my daughter were found bound and gagged and the rest of my family had been murdered, I would want nothing other than to put the SOB 6 feet under.

-in this case life is a privilege, not a right.

-and IMO, nearly everyone is okay with the death penalty in some capacity or another - people just don't realize it - would you have been okay if Hitler was still alive?
froggyman
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by froggyman »

Ok but the thing im saying is that in these cases most the times these sickos would rather be dead than alive after they have done their crime.. so by killing them ur just doing them a favour

And .. no i really im not ok with capital punishment

I mean the Hitler thing is kind of a weird point i mean cos he killed himself so...
scoop10
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by scoop10 »

[quote=""jerom""]I think this is were we reach a conflict. EU people are almost all against the dead as punishment, where a certain amount of american people is for it.[/quote]

there is no conflict here i belive ppl should get what they deserve life for a life.
if its in pubic then all the better who cares if its what they want they will be dead at the end of it.

they will be forgotten within weeks... or we can send them to jail and well, well just look at the video, this man axed to death his landlady in 1979
25 yrs later well it looks like all is forgiven and forgotten

froggyman
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by froggyman »

[quote=""scoop10""][quote=""jerom""]I think this is were we reach a conflict. EU people are almost all against the dead as punishment, where a certain amount of american people is for it.[/quote]

there is no conflict here i belive ppl should get what they deserve life for a life.
if its in pubic then all the better who cares if its what they want they will be dead at the end of it.

they will be forgotten within weeks... or we can send them to jail and well, well just look at the video, this man axed to death his landlady in 1979
25 yrs later well it looks like all is forgiven and forgotten

[/quote]

Ok so hes dead.. was there any need for it imo no.. its pointless.. barbaric and ur just reducing urself to their level
scoop10
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by scoop10 »

look froggyman in 1965 we aboilished capital punishment look at the murder rate increase since then, im not saying bring back the whip or crucifiction but dont u think the money spent on these ppl while there in jail could not be better spent elsewere in england its not like were in any debt at the moment or enything is it

20 years for murder

or death

what would you do kill and live or kill and die
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

[quote=""LaZy""]man what a *****! I seem 2 loose faith in this Homo sapiens sapiens species day by day

was this all kinda close 2 u also Rascal?

out[/quote]

Yeah, Lazy, this happened probably halfway between where I am and Dan is.

More info:

http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2010/nov/18/ ... ar-295449/
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

damn...
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

[quote=""36drew""]The reason I feel death is permissable as a penalty is this:

-if my daughter were found bound and gagged and the rest of my family had been murdered, I would want nothing other than to put the SOB 6 feet under.

-in this case life is a privilege, not a right.

-and IMO, nearly everyone is okay with the death penalty in some capacity or another - people just don't realize it - would you have been okay if Hitler was still alive?[/quote]

Personally i would feel the same, practically alot of people (during all the ages) died being not guilty. Only if you read some laws and wrote some tests in university, you gain the right to decide about the live of another human being? i doubt that.

Hitler being alive or dead is a hypothetical question. probably we would be ok, yes, because the war was already over and decided. Also, people being killed in a war is a different situation.
Shizle

Post by Shizle »

What is it with Mount Vernon? Last year, 4 teens crept into someone's house here in NH (Mont Vernon) and, for the pure fun of it, literally hacked the mother to death and thought they had hacked the daughter to death, but she survived by playing dead. This is about 5 miles from where I live, and one of the teens lived a 5 min walk from where I live. And this is (was?) a very safe area. Wackos.
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

ppl are sick
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

confirmed

mother, son , family friend all deceased. sick ******* murdered them in front of the 13 yr old girl. 3 deceased were dismembered , bagged , and stuffed inside a tree. 13 yr old girl starved , probably own for 5 days until rescued

if this doesnt warrant the death sentence then wth does?
- Dan
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

Then again, life long in jail without any contact would be worse IMO. But I doubt if we can ever agree about this or not.
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

that is basically like death row

15-20 years of solitary confinement with only god and the inevitable needle to think about

either way he wont be put in general population while in prison cause freaks like him are singled out and dealt with by other inmates
- Dan
Moose_
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Moose_ »

There is no evidence to suggest that capital punishment actually works as a deterrent to crime. In fact the US has a much higher rate of murder and gun crime than most place in europe which don't have the death penalty (I know that's not conclusive it's just an example).

Also the idea that the death penalty saves tax payer's money is false. You can't just be like 'oh this guy committed a crime let's shoot him': you have to make absolutely sure that they committed the crime, even to a higher standard than a normal court case because once the punishment has been given it's too late to reverse it if there was a mistake or more evidence comes to light later. The person who goes on death row has to be put in the highest security prison possible and then there is years of back and forth with appeals and court appearances. I saw a study that showed that states in the USA that had the death penalty spent far more per year on their justice system than those that didn't. I also saw a figure somewhere that said that it costs more to put a guy on death row than to keep him for the rest of his life (not a life sentence, but until he dies of old age) in a maximum security prison. I'll try and find some links for this stuff later if anyone wants it.

I understand the outrage people feel when they see cases like this, but does a cruel and unusal punishment really make things better? I suppose I would want to know that the person who murdered my daughter was paying for what he did and that he couldn't hamr anyone else, but tbh after reading about the state of the prison system I think life in prison is a horrific enough experience for anyone to have to endure. Also consider that people who commit crimes like this are clearly mentally ill, they nmight not even understand why what they have done is wrong.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Agreed. If we want to show that killing is immoral then we can't have it as a form of punishment. Being irreversible is also terrible if the police gets the wrong guy. We're all humans and we make errors so we better be also able to correct them.