PvZ

Strategy and Replay Discussion, please state the matchup in the thread title

Moderators: Global Moderator, SC2 moderator

Gomezd
N3O Member
N3O Member

PvZ

Post by Gomezd »

Interesting little game, Lost temple I wanted to fast expand saw a 10 pool shat my pants and decided to just turtle, some weird army compositions with zealot stalker phoenix vs muta ling baneling I think +1 weapons saved me
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Gomezd on Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
DutchNvG
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: TvZ

Post by DutchNvG »

TvZ, I think you mean PvZ? :P

I'll have a look later today :)
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: PvZ

Post by etrips888 »

I'll take a look as well
Gomezd
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Gomezd »

Instead of creating new thread I'll just post here, another PvZ another FE, this time vs roaches rush, advice is welcomed, I think I have very poor FF position, everytime I go to place a force field my sentries are too far away and take too long to place em, by the time they do its no longer useful.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

How do u forcefield? If u try to do it like i did at the beginning which is by holding shift and then just left clicking around your sentries will ff only when they are done doing their last task (attack move, move etc).

EDIT: U need to wall your front if you FE! Otherwise just pure speedling attavk will crush you. When i FE as p i build my first pylon forge and gateway to wall and then cybernetics core behind the pylon. Then i usually make one cannon right back my forge/gateway (no space between cause of roach range 4 :( ). Another cool and pretty safe style to fe is to build your first pylon and forge to start the wall and then block the enemys ramp with two pylons and then building one or two cannons behind the two pylons blocking your opponents ramp.

I can provide you with some replays of me doing this kind of stuff if you want. (even might have the one where i beat drew ;) )
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

I saw what Hejurm mentioned in some expert recs and tried it myself. It's a really cool strat that can totally crash your opponents plans.
Gomezd
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Gomezd »

nah I just F click F click F click, problem is they are usually out of range and by the time they force field the position is all messed up.

And regarding the wall thats usually how I FE, on LS shakuras and blistering sands I use my first pylon to start the wall like that first game, but I decided to try and experiment with cannons in my mineral line after a couple bling busts messed me up. Results sort of mixed, I need to build more cannons to secure my expansion but atleast I dont have to make a solid wall and can still send probes to scout hehe.

Cheers for advice and yeah Id appreciate the replays :D
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

Ok so here's one replay where i actually manged to do almost everything what you're susposed to do when you FE.

The most important things are to scout if your opponent goes pool or hatch first and then send a timing scout to see if your opponent is going to try to bust with roach or bane or is he powering and teching. I always chrono boost first two zealots and use the first one to block and the seond one i suciside to scout.

In this game i see him going hatch first so i expo asap and build the cannon later. With the zealot i see him having over 4 roaches so i respond by throwing down three additional cannons (and sentries ftw!).

I'll post more when i get decent replays.

EDIT: Got another decent one.
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

Pump for Gomezd :)
Gomezd
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Gomezd »

cheers ^^ I'll have a lok at them when I get home
Gomezd
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Gomezd »

Good games, I particularly liked your FF use, have you got any replays of early zergling harras or a fast roach push? Id like to see how you deal with it before you can get nicely set up. cheers ^^
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

Do you mean like 6/7 pool and like 5 roach rush all-ins? or just pushing with some roach and lings pretty early?
Gomezd
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Gomezd »

not necesarily 6/7 pool, but yeah all in roaches and maybe some 10 pools or something, were the zerg presures early