Dutch FI for nr 10

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Dutch FI for nr 10

Post by jerom »

I just decided to post this, because I was a bit bored, and because it is most definitely my favourtie strategy. It´s for nr 10, preferably on deccan.

So the thing you want to do, is aging to industrial, with 4 banks, and then get enough gold to research the unique church shipments and mercantilism. The stadhouders you get are really really strong, 30 royal guard musketeers for only 2000 coin.

You start of standard, if it is possible to grab a TP, really take it, because it will probably take of several seconds of the time you reach age 4 and call in the stadhouders. go a bit standard, ship in 3 villagers and age up.

In colonial there are a couple of things you can do, but the overal thought is to get aging with 4 banks ASAP. If you managed to get a TP you are safe to use 2 shipments in colonial, if you didn´t manage to get a TP, it gets a little bit trickier. I´m not really sure if it is wise to send two cards because the chance that it will delay one of the important later shipments is pretty big. You can either go for 700 wood bank wagon, where you use the 700 wood for a market, a couple of houses and a church, or go for 700 wood 700 food, where you use the 700 wood for two banks. I´m not really sure what´s better there. If you go 700 wood 700 food you will need to put a couple of villagers on wood to get a market, and then either gather more wood or just buy wood.

In transition to age 3 and age 3 you should make sure you gather 1000 food, then as soon as you are aged ship in 1000 food. put all your vills back on coin as soon as you have the necessary 1000 food. You will be able to age pretty smoothly. At this point you will have another shipment ready if you took a TP, if you didn´t manage to take a TP, that shipment will come somewhere half age 4. Ship in religious freedom (= unique church card). Then age up to age 4 with either 9 ruyters or 8 skirmisher.

While aging you put every single villager on coin. You want to get a lot of coin ASAP. Then you face another choice. Either spend your first 1500 coin to mercantilism, so that you can pump out some unit shipments, like 17 ruyter, 2 heavy canon, 13 ruyter or 14 skirmishers. You can also save up the coin untill you have 2000, so that you call the stadhouders whenever necessary. Then it's wise to save up will 3500 coin, so that you can first research mercantilism, ship in a couple of units and then go for the stadhouders. If you go stadhouders right away there is a pretty big chance you will get housed. If you have researched both mercantilism and the stadhouders, you can now ship in the waargelders.

This is where you want to stop the full mining of gold and start to gather wood food and gold and also possibly start thinking of getting 6 banks. 1600 wood is really a must to get up some houses, the important production buildings, and maybe even get some guard upgrades. Thereafter you will be getting your factories and tulip speculation.

When to attack ?
You will be wanting to attack, as soon as you have managed to get stadhouders out and some age 4 shipments, preferably at two age 4 shipments. I usually go for 17 ruyter and then 2 heavy canon. Then attack with my force of 17-26 ruyters, 30 stadhouders, 2 heavy canons, and 0-8 skirmishers (it depends a bit on your age up politician) , with waargelders and additional ruyters or skirmishers coming.

On maps that aren't deccan it can get a little bit tricky, because you will prolly hit age 4 at 12 minutes or something, but it's still doable. Also in team games, you can add in the team 2 mortars in your deck, which are great for sieging a base.

This is really my favourite strat, and so far I think I haven't lost a lot of games with it, I've prolly won about 90% of the games I played with it. So it's definitely strong.

Any thoughts comments or tips are of course welcome :D
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Dutch FI for nr 10

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

I'm not much of a treaty player, but that sounds like good fun!

what are the dominating strats in NR10? I guess otto FR must be out there and prob some japanese sam spam...

post a rec if you can :)
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

yeah, it's pretty though to get a nr 10 game going.

Most used civs and strats are british booms, Otto FR and some Japan spamming. Don't think ottoman FR is very dominating, if you can manage to hit fortress with Japan/Brit and then get out some falcs/flaming arrow and some musketeers you will own the FR without too many problems.

Will try to get a rec, but as I said it takes some time to get a nr 10 game going.
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

Managed to get a rec out. I unfortunately can´t get a TP, however it´s still very fast. I´m playing vs a Japan guy who is Major in sup, so pretty tough stuff there :D

EDIT: Got another rec. Can't manage to win the game with the initial push, however I still hang in there. This time the transition out of this strat is shown. Make a couple mistakes in not having constant vill production and possibly making the wrong units tho.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

gg vs japan.
maybe add some merc shipments in III and IV.
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Immortal_Warrior
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Immortal_Warrior »

lol nr 10 r best with dutch or ports imo... i luv joining some captains nr10 games, they captains in treaty but noobs in sup, they wall up and stuff and when they see like 50 ruyter and 5 falcs they pretty much resign lol (teaches them not to noob bash xD)
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

Games I showed where vice versa, some captains in sup, however something like private and 2nd luit in treaty. I think tho that Brits, Japan and Dutch with this strat are the best of nr 10, ports have some troubles keeping up imo.
Immortal_Warrior
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Immortal_Warrior »

bank boom is pretty OP imo, i would imagine ports do have a little trouble but which age 4 military is stronger at that stage?