Where is everyone on the ladder?

General Discussion about StarCraft 2

Moderators: Global Moderator, SC2 moderator

36drew
Honorary Officer

Where is everyone on the ladder?

Post by 36drew »

When SC2 was first release, I found I could keep up in my division, but lately I'm feeling like it's basically impossible. Especially since I'm down to about 1hr day to play!

I'm 847 in diamond, but man... I'm looking at how much some of the other people play this game and it's just insane... I wish!

So where is everyone on the ladder? Just curious since there is no way of measuring a clan!
DutchNvG
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Where is everyone on the ladder?

Post by DutchNvG »

I'm twice in the silver league with 1v1 and 2v2 at approximately the 23th place and the 1st place. Although I think, just like you said, that you can't rate someone by looking at just the leagues (especially not in 3v3 or higher).
By that, I hate it that some guys participate in for example the silver league with a player they haven't played much games with, but who are participating in the diamond league with another player...
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

Drew what´s ur id and name then coz I do have a drew on my friend lists but that one if nowhere near diamond and his favourite race is protoss.

BTW im lucky silver rank 15 or something like that.
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""jerom""]Drew what´s ur id and name then coz I do have a drew on my friend lists but that one if nowhere near diamond and his favourite race is protoss.

BTW im lucky silver rank 15 or something like that.[/quote]

drew is on US so you can't add him on your contact list^^
drew i'm same as you, i didn't play ladder games for 3-4 weeks, only got like 16 total games but i have been watching replays like crazy and doing achievements :P

drew the bonus pool allows you to keep up even with playing less, that's what it is for^^

and the overall rank this site shows http://sc2ranks.com/ is only for your league, like lets say if it shows you 30,000 bronze then they meaning 30,000th as bronze, but if you ad all the other silver, platinum diamond etc. stuff then you're way lower.
if any rating is to be taken "remotely" seriously, than it is this http://sc2ranks.com/ and blizzard's internal list they release each month
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

Drew.819
SiCkO
Conscript
Conscript

Post by SiCkO »

Bronze :(

should be in silver soon though :)
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

There actually is a way of measuring the clan:

http://sc2ranks.com/c/411/n3o

Just go to "manage characters" and add yourselves. I already added everyone from my friends list.

Personally I'm not ranked in 1v1 (since I haven't played any 1v1), but I'm Platinum (521 points) in random 2v2. Worked my way up from Bronze and pretty much plateaued at plat.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
Zutazuta
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Zutazuta »

I been 1k+ a few times, currently sitting right around 960.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

Zuta, add me. I'd love to play vs. you.
slay3r_
Conscript
Conscript

Post by slay3r_ »

just got into diamond, but my rank for sc2rank went down hard since it got cut by half.
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

About 58th in my diamond division, about 558 points atm.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Only played 7 1v1s so no serious rank for me. These ranking systems are useless imo. Whoever plays more, gets more points. Tournaments will show, who is number 1 and 2.
Gomezd
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Gomezd »

like that clan thing!
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""HuggyPierre""]Only played 7 1v1s so no serious rank for me. These ranking systems are useless imo. Whoever plays more, gets more points. Tournaments will show, who is number 1 and 2.[/quote]

at the beginning ye, but later on you will lose alot of points too, so it somehow evens out i guess^^
Jero12345
Captain
Captain

Post by Jero12345 »

Gold for me bit strange expect to be lower only played 16 games though i think its like aoe III ladder system who has the most free time gets the highest