Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Cyclohexane
Honorary Officer

AOE3 TWC TAD Unit Comparison

Post by Cyclohexane »

DOWNLOAD HERE: CLICK HERE

DETAILS: CLICK HERE

This spreadsheet is my next masterpiece. Not only did I update for TAD, I added a ton of functionality to make it user friendly. If you are familiar with my AOE3 TWC TAD Quick Reference Guide, you will be blown away by the work I put into this. All I ask is that you check out the clan I am a member of. You don’t have to join, post in our forums, challenge us to a friendly clan match, nothing, just check it out and consider joining or playing against us if you’re a mature gamer.

Short Description

This spreadsheet was created to mathematically compare the performance characteristics of every unit with optional upgrades and the capability to compare base, veteran, guard, and imperial units easily.

Description
Any upgrade in the game can be simulated including arsenal technologies, auras, big button technologies, fire pit dances, shipments, Wonders, etc. Upgrades to speed, hit points, and damage (range, melee, or siege) can be included and then these unit types can be compared.

If you learn to use this power tool, the time it takes to develop strategies can be significantly decreased. If you combine this spreadsheet with my "Quick Reference Guide", there will be no secrets to this game and your only reason for playing badly is not enough practice. It is easy to use, but I wrote instructions for users not familiar with Excel.

Here is what is included:
• Instructions & Notes
• Table of Contents
• Unit Classification & Counters
• Unit – Artillery Comparison
• Unit – Hand Infantry Comparison
• Unit – Healer Comparison
• Unit – Hero Comparison
• Unit – Heavy Infantry Comparison
• Unit – Light Infantry Comparison
• Unit – Light Cavalry Comparison
• Unit – Melee Cavalry Comparison
• Unit – Pet Comparison
• Unit – Ship Comparison
• Unit – Temporary Units

The spreadsheet statistics have been tested and verified in game. At worst case, I am accurate with the in-game user interface by + 1 damage or HP. Round off error is the reason for this. Damage and HP upgrades are calculated without rounding but the last decimal is truncated from the user interface. The decimals do not show up in the UI, but they are there when the unit is upgraded (in barracks, shipment, technology, etc.). Originally, I rounded all of my calculations to make everything appear like it does in the UI. However, with the inclusion of Wonders and Fire Pit dances, the total value increases and amplifies the round off error.

I gathered all my fire pit percentages from the in game user interface. That means that all my fire pit percentages do not include the decimals that are actually included in game but not seen. This leads to values that are slightly off when comparing fire pit dancing. However, you are still in the ball park for all the values. Does anyone know how to get the actual percentages used (not the in-game UI) for each of the fire pit dances for villagers 1 to 35? If I had these values, I could refine my calculations.

For those of you who do not have Excel, here are some free viewers:

Excel Viewer 2003
This is a free Excel viewer that allows you to view but not edit.

Open Office
OpenOffice.org is a multiplatform and multilingual office suite and an open-source project. Compatible with all other major office suites, the product is free to download, use, and distribute.

If you find any problems or have any questions, please post them here and I will get it fixed.
Last edited by Cyclohexane on Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell out of the way!

QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE & AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON:
AOE3 TWC TAD Quick Reference & AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON
Cyclohexane
Honorary Officer

Re: AOE3 TWC TAD Unit Comparison

Post by Cyclohexane »

OK guys, here it is, seen on N3O first. I have not submitted to any of the other websites yet because I want you guys to take a look and let me know if there is something obviously wrong. I will do a lot of copy and paste later.

This workbook does everything and anything. If you have any requests or how to’s, post them here.

For my convenience:

Age Community

Age Sanctuary

Game Replays

Heaven Games
Last edited by Cyclohexane on Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

sweeeeet!
will check it later on today
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

Wow.....some1 has way 2 much time on their hands. GREAT job bro.

Out
Cyclohexane
Honorary Officer

Post by Cyclohexane »

[quote=""LaZy""]Wow.....some1 has way 2 much time on their hands. GREAT job bro.

Out[/quote]

Not to much time, I work fast and I just have not been playing lately. That should change soon...

StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

[quote=""Cyclohexane""][quote=""LaZy""]Wow.....some1 has way 2 much time on their hands. GREAT job bro.

Out[/quote]

Not to much time, I work fast and I just have not been playing lately. That should change soon...[/quote]

Hope the wifes shoulder is healing up ok buddy.
Cyclohexane
Honorary Officer

Post by Cyclohexane »

^ Wife is doing much better. She is able to hold the little one now so I am not having to do all the shopping, running kids around, etc. I am hoping to have a marathon playing session this weekend.

I am suprised by the lack of comments on this worksheet. This is a tool you can use on your desktop to calculate anything in-game quickly and is extremely accurate. Did I mention free?

ruminator
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ruminator »

Patience! The spreadsheet is huge and people need to learn how to use it.

On defensive buildings, I note that while you have added advanced dock, you have not included the effect of colonial militia on t/c.

I have to admit that I was surprised to see you could garrsion fishing boats in your t/c and cause extra damage. Where did that come from?!

Consulate summary is very useful while I learn asian civs.
"Could you, would you, with a goat? Would you, could you, on a boat?" Doctor Seuss

"Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?"
George Wallace
Cyclohexane
Honorary Officer

Post by Cyclohexane »

[quote=""ruminator""]Patience! The spreadsheet is huge and people need to learn how to use it.

On defensive buildings, I note that while you have added advanced dock, you have not included the effect of colonial militia on t/c.

I have to admit that I was surprised to see you could garrsion fishing boats in your t/c and cause extra damage. Where did that come from?!

Consulate summary is very useful while I learn asian civs.[/quote]

That is a good point about Colonial Militia. I'll add a toggle switch in the future. However, that is for a different spreadsheet. In my online absence (cannot play due to not being able to sit in one spot long enough), I have been updating another spreadsheet of mine (download link at top).

This spreadsheet allows you to calculate any unit damage from upgrades in any age for every unit in the game. Then you can even filter the results and predict unit effectiveness all from your desktop.

I imagine the worker productivity for AOE3 gamers is going to go down soon...