My Jap vs Brit

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

My Jap vs Brit

Post by etrips888 »

Would like some tips on this game if anyone has any. Along with russia, I've been having some trouble vs british, which although was hard, I had decent success vs up until now.

The map is Siberia, and after booming too hard vs a brit a few games beforehand, I decide to make sure I take him out early. I go 5 ashi, daiymo, 5 ashi. It works pretty well and manage to beat him back. But then I have trouble deciding what to do with my slight advantage.

I think I lost too many unit fighting useless battles, and he was able to come back and just get a huge mass and beat me. Frustrating game for me cause I felt i had the win within grasp, but if anyone has any tips I would appreciate it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: My Japanese vs Brit

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

I dont think u had a slight advantage, u need to play a bit more defensive imho, especially on Siberia. I usually make some yumi after shipping 600 w first. 3 military shipments early is risky and not needed vs brits. Also, try to use the military waypoint. If put forward, your sam could have pwnd the tower much faster and your ashi shipments wouldnt have wasted time walking the wrong way.
Yumi + Sams is more fun than pure ashi :)

edit, I do think that 300w is better than 2 vils and making early game easier, but maybe that's just me being a bit lazy
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

Yeah I see where your coming from about playing defensive, but I tried doing boomy vs a brit the game before that and it came back to bite me.

As was said in earlier topics and such, I feel brit and japan are semi similar in the civ designs (eco bonuses with houses, strong musks, strong boom) but the problem is that british can seemingly do everything at once, both go double rax and have a nice eco behind it, while japan has to choose.

I think you have to keep british on their toes, or you are going to just get hopelessly outmassed. I could consider maybe going fortress after I took down his fb and just raided his other side (which I should have done anyway)
MasterDragoon
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by MasterDragoon »

personally i would have aged with the shrine and shipped 600 wood to play a little more defensively. this is japan's best boom map and you should take that to your advantage. also if you constantly raid alot while booming you will win for sure. just split ashis and dont go for an attack but rather go for raids while booming
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

You focused too much on getting on his base instead of just keeping him off hunts. Use a ashi/yumi combo and save the nagis for raiding, when he was going into your base if you had made more yumis and shipped 5 instead of shipping yumi atk you could have had a chance.
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

Thanks for looking into the game again. Hoping to improve on this MU before the second half of the tourney starts
Bart331
Major
Major

Post by Bart331 »

yeah i dont see why you choose to be so aggressive, best thing to do is just constantly harass him and try to go for the vills while you boom for your self, but i admit its a difficult matchup
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

Well I go aggressive because brits seem to have the better boom then japan does, unless I go all out shrine boom, and even then he can just wipe me off the map with his army.

I think I was too aggressive after the FB, but I feel you need to take out the FB to have a chance to compete against them at all