My Strange German Strat

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

bpdscolony
Conscript
Conscript

My Strange German Strat

Post by bpdscolony »

OK ive just joined N3O and im new so no flame plz and before i start id just like to say this strat WILL ONLY WORK AT LOWER LEVELS or in team possibly although uhlan would ofc be better. K here goes:

Age 1:

2 SW to food crates, 1 to hunt, as soon as you have a vill queued switch another onto hunts, collect all food crates and 1 wood crate (unless you start with 2 wood crates try to get early market).
First card 2SW ofc, usual all vills to food age up asap etc... (age with 400w dude)

Transition:

All SW to wood and get tier one market upgrades (excluding vill attack), make as many houses as possible after the market techs

Age 2:

Collect age up wood asap and send 1 SW and 1 vill forward to build a forward rax, and move all SW gold, 2nd card should be 3SW keep sending SW to gold and make doppel from rax asap (que 1 at a time and add more later), send 2 uhlans to harass but only get 1 maybe 2 vills at a time, it is important to conserve your uhlans for the enemy RI, keep up doppel production next card 3 doppels, keep harassing with uhlans. Once you have a good mass of doppels attack and keep uhlans protected from HI and other cav, or maybe even harass vills with them while doppels attack cause once doppel are in melee they kill everything :D

Adapt from here on in, i tend to make a stable and make uhlan doppel, other age 2 cards aside from the ones mentioned are all doppel attack and hp cards, 700f 700w 700c, infantry training speed and UC for later on to give doppels that extra kick in age 4 and the speed upgarde helps them get into melee (although id only recomend if your eco is ticking over well)

OK thats about it, on other forums at this point id say try to keep flame to a minimum :) but one of the things that attracted me to this clan was its maturity so im expecting (hoping) to avoid that. In my limited exprience in this game ive learned this works well vs cav starts and the musk huss combo.

Have fun using this strat if you decide to ofc (my greatest level of success with this start with woth an old TE clan mate who was pr24 who went cav start and was playing as france).
Constructive critiscism is more than welcome :)

P.S. thnx again for letting me join :)
Last edited by bpdscolony on Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?"
Bart331
Major
Major

Re: My Strange German Strat

Post by Bart331 »

700w 700w 700c
OP! strat men you can send 700 w twice xD, seems like a good dopple build, maybe provide recs for better idea?
Lord_Sami
Conscript
Conscript

Post by Lord_Sami »

Haha sounds pretty solid :D if enemy masses musk , what then? shouldn't you ship xbow before doppel in that case?
bpdscolony
Conscript
Conscript

Post by bpdscolony »

Yeh ill get some recs, hopefully they go smoothly :)

And i had trouble writing the strat cause once i got below i certain point i couldnt see what i was typing while i was doing it, i mean id type and the text box would flash back up to the top, anyone else have this problem?
Last edited by bpdscolony on Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?"
bpdscolony
Conscript
Conscript

Post by bpdscolony »

[quote=""Lord_Sami""]Haha sounds pretty solid :D if enemy masses musk , what then? shouldn't you ship xbow before doppel in that case?[/quote]

Well ive found as long as your doppel production is constant non stop and the enemy hasnt gone pure musk (which most i find dont), your doppels should over power them, but i think this start would fail hard vs lbow musk so dont try it vs a brit player :D

But like bart says ill need recs to show how this works, thnx for the feedback so far, more is welcome ofc :D
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Cool. When you say 'lower levels' what do you mean?

Question - at what point do you put up the market and get upgrades?

This looks like an aggressive strat is that right?

oh, and don't worry about the flame. That's what guys like me are for, so no worries there.

Cheers, thanks for the strat and welcome to the clan (again). Oh, and let's see a rec or two with this strat working.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Roger_The_Rogue
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Roger_The_Rogue »

[quote=""bpdscolony""]OK ive just joined N3O and im new so no flame plz[/quote]

One thing you'll love about N3O is that we don't flame at all. You'll find that there is plenty of assistance even from our high PR players and also that there is plenty of low PR players who would apprecaite the new strat. :)
bpdscolony
Conscript
Conscript

Post by bpdscolony »

@Soccerman: When i say lower levels i mean kinda low master sergeant to high 2nd leut roughly, and ofc below that aswell.

I get the tier 1 market upgrades in transition, normally all except tthe vill attack

And yeh, once you get a reasonable mass of dopps this is a very offensive strat, bit id also like to say, rather than infantry train faster put AA in its place, for the military drummers tech ie usain bolt style doppels that destroy everything :D

And yeh ill try to get some recs done sometime soon of this strat in action

Thnx for all comments try to keep them coming :)
Shizle

Post by Shizle »

Just having someone outline their strat is great, we used to do this all the time and it was fun to refine it to make it more effective. When I've toyed around with a Doppel strat, seemed good to have 600 coin card in my deck and I wonder about shipping the 700 coin card sooner to get an immediate hit of gold. Hmmm...worth a try.

Huggy plays German all the time, I'd be interested to see what he thinks...
bpdscolony
Conscript
Conscript

Post by bpdscolony »

Thnx for the tip, yeh maybe it would be better to have 600c rather than unique church card, just for the extra stockpile of gold..

Maybe ill make a deck with that in rather than unique chruch for maps that have less nearby mines, just as a precaution. Or maybe i could age with 500f and gather the wood for a rax then send 700c next for a guaranteed first batch of 5 doppels although the 200w spare to build houses really helps in this build because getting housed can be quite a big issue..

And yeh, id love to hear huggys opinion on this also :D
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Message me for a Mirror or two. I'll show you a BO that might be even better ;). Nontheless, yours sounds very solid and you should be doing very fine with it.

I won't be at home the next 3 days, so just add me to your FL and message me when you see me online. If we don't find a time this week i'll try to get you a good Rec.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

Huggy beats musket rushes with pure Uhlans... now that's some real skills!
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
bpdscolony
Conscript
Conscript

Post by bpdscolony »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]Huggy beats musket rushes with pure Uhlans... now that's some real skills![/quote]

Ok thnx, ive added you already, i was on holiday though for 2 weeks :D but im back now!

Huggy am i still alright to play you if i see you on, even though ive now left clan?