Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Some Tips Needed vs Russia

Post by etrips888 »

Been having some trouble beating russia 1v1 as japan
I go ashi nagi usually and can stand my ground early on, but before long he can just mass up to where I can't seem to crack his army at all.

Ill include the most recent russia rec..maybe another if another comes up.
Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bart331
Major
Major

Re: Some Tips Needed vs Russia

Post by Bart331 »

i am no expert japan player but i got some things:

-5 ashi as first card is a waste, go 600 w for some shrines or even 4 vill for eco. It was clear he wasnt going to rush hard cause his blockhouse was up late.

-Maybe try starting cav, that can work out really good with japan, start cav and then get rax from consulate and ship ashi (after 600w)

-You were a bit unlucky in your first push on his fb, wrong positioning lost you a lot of units.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Imo you did everything fine, BUT

No need to attack all the time :\ As the game goes on, you can abuse better the ashi/yumi nagi combo that is quite tough for him to counter. When you moved with your army away from your base he jumped on your tc and there was nothing you could do.

Also in this scenario try to mix ashis and yumis earlier since he was refusing to get cossacks.
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

group ur consulate. u got housed a couple times. i think barts idea of wood crate asap would be best
- Dan
[NerVe]hclugano
Conscript
Conscript

Post by [NerVe]hclugano »

what I do is go torii, get consulate during age-up, use toriii rickshaw for stable and consulate rickshaw for rax and if you have the possibility raid him as hard as you can.
bo is 2 v, 600 w, then army cards if needed or just 4v,4v
Bart331
Major
Major

Post by Bart331 »

yeah i copied my bo from hcnubano ^^, after he pwned me multiple times with it xD
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

well thanks for the tips guys!
I think I'll try the 600 wood idea if anyone wants to play it out with me :P

I just always send the military cards ASAP because I feel my best bet is to win early on. Might just be my experience, but I always feel like once he has made it to 10 or 12 mins in, he has an eco that can just spam out units like crazy.
I try staying in my base, but I think at the point I pushed out, I was worried that his map control was giving him the eco edge, which I felt was my only thing going for me.
But again, I'm going to give it some more practice. I'll try out the 600 wood, maybe include some more recs
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

i don't know if the 600w are useful so early, if at all.
you really need to know what russia is going for: market ups+boomy military or some kind of no villager rush.
600w was only needed for a moderate or hardcore shrine boom, in this fp shrines suck hardcore, so i would go for vills and slowly market ups rather than 600w, as you stated it right etrips military shipments are the way to go. you have to get them out or you will get overrun.

if i got an advantage in mid colonial and most of my good colo cards are already used, then i would go 600w and get shrines up
Last edited by Aaryn_GenD on Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bart331
Major
Major

Post by Bart331 »

600 w is used for housing + market ups, no more houses then needed are made with it, if you send 4 vill you will need to start chopping wood to get the houses + market ups going, now you can fully use your eco to spam units and get a good eco. Imo after 600 w you can think of sending 4v for eco or military cards for spam but 600 w is best first card unless you are rushed hardcore (which i dont think will happen on fp)
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

lol i think it will happen more on fp than on RE. people know japan is extremely weak early on. i still like the 600w shipment don't get me wrong i just doubt right now if it is still good as first colonial option, i would get it later personally
Last edited by Aaryn_GenD on Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[NerVe]hclugano
Conscript
Conscript

Post by [NerVe]hclugano »

na never, crates get worse the longer you wait.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

with later i mean 2nd or 3rd card in colonial
Bart331
Major
Major

Post by Bart331 »

crates are excellent in the begin to fullfill the large amounts of wood you need to get your eco/spam goin.
Zutazuta
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Zutazuta »

600 w with torii build is useless. No point in shrine booming if you don't have the stacking ups to go with it. If your going to go eco heavy just go straight into 4 vil. We've talked about this MU now though trips, I think you know what you need to do. ;)
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

thank you zuta you are basically agreeing with me? :-P