Replay System for SC2

General Discussion about StarCraft 2

Moderators: Global Moderator, SC2 moderator

36drew
Honorary Officer

Replay System for SC2

Post by 36drew »

I was wondering if maybe one of the techies could make a replay system for SC2. Something that would like a bit like the one AgeSanc currently has for TAD.

It would include things like:
Map
Races
Winner button
Length of Game
Patch
Maybe some other things??

I think this wesbite will see some bigtime action, especially once the clan feature gets added to SC 2. N3O might be growing!
Bart331
Major
Major

Re: Replay System for SC2

Post by Bart331 »

sounds good drew, would be really great if someone can manage to do that
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

are these things even doable with our n3o forum? i think one would need other type of plug-ins for a forum so this can work out
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

I'm not sure? It would be cool if they were though! If they can't, is it possible to leach that option of another site or something?
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

It is possible to do, I'm not sure how to do it but I think coma probaly knows...
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

[quote=""StrokeyBlofeld""]It is possible to do, I'm not sure how to do it but I think coma probaly knows...[/quote]... where ma car is???

out
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

^^ LOL!
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

[quote=""LaZy""][quote=""StrokeyBlofeld""]It is possible to do, I'm not sure how to do it but I think coma probaly knows...[/quote]... where ma car is???
[/quote]

My car is standing at the parking place where it should be because here in Germany we don't have the Lazy Factor.

Replay system:
Such system isn't possible here since Jim has "only" a webhosting package. AS or RS now has a dedicated server for this. The main problem is that the replay is packed (MPQ format) and u have to uncompress it so u get different files and in one file is stored the game info. The second main problem is: U have to heavily hack the forum and maintain this hack if u want to upgrade cms version, which is a bit over the top for a clan site.

What is possible: Making a page for posting replays like i have done for the league. So having dropdown boxes for chossing map and race, upload possibility and box for comment writing.
U can also make it look nicer then the league post by putting images into the post like RS. But that is really all

PS: if u want to have a detailed look at sc2replay files use this
http://www.zezula.net/en/mpq/download.html