VOD: Z v Z @ Desert Oasis

Strategy and Replay Discussion, please state the matchup in the thread title

Moderators: Global Moderator, SC2 moderator

36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

Pretty interesting game!  Early lings into roach, then hydra (off of one base).  Kind of ends up being a game where it's who can kill the other player first.  He goes for ling/muta, and his expo doesn't do so well.

Part One

! Video not found

Part Two

! Video not found

Channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/DrewN3O

I'm trying to get 100 subscribers, so please subscribe if you like Canadian platinum league commentary!
Last edited by 36drew on Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: VOD: Z v Z @ Desert Oasis

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

hm watched the first one (ZvZ at desert oasis)
i also didn't know that you could hold down the key to train a specific unit only to mass all your larvas into. so thanks for that :-P
in this game you ecnountered something which i also did, especially in TvZ: when he comes with mutas or just any other unit and you are about to hit him it is really crucial decision to make what to do: send some units back, send all back, or do a basetrade or hope the units you are currently training can hold him off.
fortunately zerglings can mass hydras very fast and with their speed on creep mutas are not that big of a deal. you were so lucky in seeing his expansion that really helped ya great deal ;-)
you also never seem to forget to spread creep i always neglected spreading those creep tumours, big mistake as i see now :-P