Installation/Deinstallation

Everything tech-related is discussed here

Moderator: Global Moderator

huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Installation/Deinstallation

Post by huGGy »

Today i tried to install AoE again, which worked ok. I already downloaded FP 1.2 and got into one game. My problem is that i can't install The Warchiefs. I think i just deleted the game 2 month ago and now my Comp asks me to deinstall the game. When i want to deinstall it, it tells me that he cannot load "FirewallInstallHelper" DLL. What is that and how can i solve the problem? Can i install The Warchiefs even though i already installed TAD and the FP? I already switched back to RE Patch. Help is much appreciated.

Edit: I have Windows 7 (maybe it's important, don't know)
36drew
Honorary Officer

Re: Installation/Deinstallation

Post by 36drew »

Not sure but bro, I'm so glad you came back to AOE. :D How's the teaching thing working out so far?
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

I'm waiting for responses at the moment, but all my applications have been succesfully sent. At the moment i'm trying to get into some smaller jobs, before the "real teching" will start in august. At the moment i'm just able to get into 1 or 2 friendly games a week, but i hope after S25 i have more time again :). But, to get back to the topic, that would be more fun with The Warchiefs :P.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

I would unistall TAD and the FP and install in order. I recently had to reinstall AOE on a new comp with windows 7 and it runs no prob. I'm not entirely sure the sequence matters, but it might.

Also, you might wanna post this on agesanc or agecom, they might be able to help you too.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Yes i wanted to install it in order, but i just couldn't install The Warchiefs, so i installed TAD. I can get into FP 1.2 games (Had one with simbad today), but i can't use or play against WC Civs.

Edit: Thanks for the Tipp. I'll post it on AS as well.
DutchNvG
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by DutchNvG »

I have had the same problem with another game. I received exact the same message and I have Windows 7 aswell. I couldn't get it fixed, probably because my computer thinks there is no file found about the game while the game says there is. Only thing I think what you can do is to reïnstall Windows 7 (you made a backup I hope / guess) but that will be hell of a lot of work. Let's see what AS brings....Good luck!
Last edited by DutchNvG on Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Blackadderthe4th »

I always find re-installation issues stem from previously installed files remaining on your PC after un-installation. You could always try uninstalling the game completely and then hunting down any left over AOE3 files and deleting them manually. Though you may wanna try googling your problem before that.

Just tried in Google and got the same problem with a solution for Gears of War on PC, may help you:

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=592992
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Yeeha, solved the problem. Everything is running now. Even didn't have to reinstall FP 1.2.

DutchNVG: This might help you: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301/

Then, after that installation concludes, download and then run the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility

--- Note: The file you will download there is named: msicuu2.exe

Install that programme and then you can deinstall whatever you want :). Worked well for me.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Looking forward to get into some games with you, then :)
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by joe4holly »

I got 3 sets of nilla CDs all with missing files on them, It alot of fun swaping the CDs all the time :).