SPORTS!

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

frenchfantom
N3O Member
N3O Member

SPORTS!

Post by frenchfantom »

Hey jw what sports you guys play/ used to play? Or if you don't play sports, do you follow any online/TV? I play water polo and follow college basketball (MARCH MADNESS). I hope to play water polo for either Michigan University or Illinois University, or maybe even Cornell. How bout you? 8)
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: SPORTS!

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

I used to box and play baseball. Now I just keep in shape by going to the gym every day. I still like watching baseball and American football. But I'm not what you'd call a "real sports fan."
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
frenchfantom
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by frenchfantom »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]I used to box and play baseball. Now I just keep in shape by going to the gym every day. I still like watching baseball and American football. But I'm not what you'd call a "real sports fan."[/quote]

nice. did u play baseball/box for your school in high school/college?
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Post by GeneralMichael »

[quote=""Destructor2""]Hey jw what sports you guys play/ used to play? Or if you don't play sports, do you follow any online/TV? I play water polo and follow college basketball (MARCH MADNESS). I hope to play water polo for either Michigan University or Illinois University, or maybe even Cornell. How bout you? 8)[/quote]
woot another water polo player. I played polo in highschool for 3 years, now am in my first year at Bloomsburg University, and play for the team there. I used to do some soccer when I was a little kid during the summer. Also play table tennis and used to play on my church's volleyball team. I don't really follow any sport on tv. I will follow the Eagles Football(American) team for a while, though mostly just watch them in the play offs. Also I try to watch the USA Olympic Water Polo team during the Olympics, though I have so far always missed them.
Last edited by GeneralMichael on Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Atm I go to the gym twice a week and I follow football as a honorable european.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

moved to china to study martial arts such as kungfu, taiji, qi gong...
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
luukje
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by luukje »

I player soccer, volleyball and tennis in high school.
At uni I started playing snooker.
At the moment I'm most active as an equestrian and I hope to get my own horse soon.
My favorit sport to watch is probably cycling (but only the classics and tour) and cricket (and even more so follow on the internet).

Once you are into cricket, a lot of other sports just become plain boring.
Listening to test match special on the radio when the ashes are being contested down under is almost sacred.

When you have a real good radio reporter, it's just a superb medium to follow sports, much better then televison.
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

I play soccer, and I love to watch soccer. I'm really looking forward to the world championship of soccer in South-Africa. I also like to watch cycling.
Myself I bike an hour to school and back to home, so that is also a kind of sport :P
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

If its got wheels and an engine, preferably large and noisy then that is where ull find me....ie motor sports; bcos making my own body move by itself will consume hard earned calories! I also excell at lifting 500ml weights and could consider myself at olympic levels if allowed by my patients and wife.

out
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Name says it all - I follow soccer. Played in HS, a little in college and ran cross-country.

At the current time I run and am studying Tae Kwon Do (green belt currently). I follow Soccer (religiously), the NFL, College Football, and College Basketball. Baseball is good background noise.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""LaZy""]If its got wheels and an engine, preferably large and noisy then that is where ull find me....ie motor sports; bcos making my own body move by itself will consume hard earned calories! I also excell at lifting 500ml weights and could consider myself at olympic levels if allowed by my patients and wife.

out[/quote]

Ha! I think you bested me in this event in London, but only by a few thousand ml :D
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

^^ muahahahahah I just hope we can go for round II in sunny Portugal mein freund

out
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by blayzer13 »

Played 13 seasons of soccer (preschool-senior year in high school) 2 of tennis. Once I get in college I intend to continue playing both. Also I am a paintball addict, I have been playing for about 3 years and it has taken over soccer for my favorite sport. I love to watch paintball and soccer, newly acquired taste for watching hockey (damn u Crosby) and any event in the Olympics.
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

PLayed soccer for like 10 years, but stopped and started to take up tennis, which I still play today. But I like watching most sports, just not that religiously.
cleeduz
Honorary Officer

Post by cleeduz »

In high school & college I played Football (American) and baseball. Go Packers & Red Sox!

I casually follow both on TV/online (nothing serious though).

Currently: I'm a Disc (Frisbee) Golf and Fly-Fishing addict, I guess I've officially turned into a hippy. lol
"Nature doesn't like Agra forts." - Sporting Lisbon

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. - Ben Franklin