Interesting Otto Mirror FP 1.2

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

36drew
Honorary Officer

Interesting Otto Mirror FP 1.2

Post by 36drew »

http://agesanctuary.com/index.php?porta ... 136473&hl=

Really nice otto mirror here. He goes for early TP while I go for market + church. I get a bit greedy in wanting to siege an early rax but I manage to get the abus out soon enough enough.

We exchange FB raxes and he beats me to fortress. I beat his age iii spahi with colonial jans. He races to iv for revolution. Even though rev is a bit lame, its a very good game.
DutchNvG
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Interesting Otto Mirror FP 1.2

Post by DutchNvG »

Will watch, thanks Adam!
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

will watch it, thx for uploading it :D
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
Bart331
Major
Major

Post by Bart331 »

nice game drew thx for uploading

is it me or is revolution freaking lame? Without it he would have never won it. Maybe you could/should have pressurized him earlier since you had the military advantage after you killed his 5 Spahi (he screwed that battle big time btw, first bringing in 3 spahi and then another 2 which allowed you to hit n run them a bit) but you backed off a bit.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

Revolution is lame bigtime, but it's a good rec still.
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

yeah in my opinion revolt is pretty lame. Why haven't they nerved it in the fan patch ?
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

[quote=""jerom""]yeah in my opinion revolt is pretty lame. Why haven't they nerved it in the fan patch ?[/quote]
I'm kind of suprised they didn't. The whole Imp hussar thing is what needs to change. Vet hussars would do just fine IMO.
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

Well i guess there are always things you can do better.
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

I'll agree that in some cases revolution can be lame, but I don't think it is all that bad. I've beaten a higher ranked player who revolted with Otto against my Dutch (anyone remember the military graph I posted?).
I also beat adam's revolution in a Brit mirror (granted, Brit revolution isn't really that great).
And you have to see the risk involved before you consider it lame, all they have really is the vills converted to CM, and some shipment power, but if they don't run you over straight away, and you can survive... move around the map, split your vills up etc... then they have lost. They have no way of eco, so all they have once their CM are gone is shipments, and if you take out their ability to recieve shipments (petards ftw) then they have nothing. Even factories don't threaten once you remove their shipment ability.
Bart331
Major
Major

Post by Bart331 »

the problem is imp hussar are very strong, and cm have a ranged bonus vs cav so ranged cav gets beaten big time by cm. It gets even lamer when someone has a sea full of fishing boats so he can keep spamming imp hussar at you.
Zutazuta
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Zutazuta »

FP can't fix everything :P

Imo Revolution on a whole isn't lame. I'll agree that the 10 imp huss are too good, but on a whole, revolt is fine as is. If we do a FP 1.3 it will probably be something that is addressed.
luukje
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by luukje »

Otto revolt with fishboom is a bit OP.

But for civs like otto an ordinary revolt isnt lame. It's part of the game.
When playing vs Brits, Dutch, Japan you really can't compete economicaly. So games tend to become predictable, they defend and boom, you rush/ff and pressure. They crack or they overrun you mater with a mass of units.
Revolt, FI at least gave you a chance to do some different.
And if you see it coming, I think you can counter it. Weaken his mass and save your settlers and you win.