musk+huss
softondemand used a dual rax
when i attack his mass was much bigger i lost the fight
when we were fighting he became III
he upgraded his man shipped 2 falc and destoryed me
i did too much things wrong
i forgot to make vill and that was the most stupid thing i could do ::/
any tips or comment?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DutchNvG
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Me vs SoftonDemand

Post by DutchNvG »

I'm pretty experianced with Brits, I'll download the rec and watch it. It's on RE-patch I guess?

EDIT:

First of all, gg & wp to both of you! As I am neither experianced nor good with the Spanish, I'm not able to give you good advice Softon, sorry for that. Anyhow, I summed some things up I think you (Jero) could have done better. Here it is:

- At the start of the game you went for the full 6 settlers on crates. It's better to make sure 3 settlers are going to gather the crates (except the coin crates) and 3 settlers start hunting.

- I mentioned that the first move your explorer did was at 00:39. That is FAR too late.

- Your deck is oké. Only thing I think you really need is Land Grab.

- You'd better send as second card the 5 settlers instead of 600 wood.

- You should have placed your outpost you got with aging to the 2nd age, a bit more aggresive (near to your 2nd hunt). An outpost is very usefull for his line of sight and his function as being as shelter for settlers aswell. I think you didn't make use of that at all.

- When playing the British it's reasonably easy to create a nice line of sight due to the manors. Try to make use of that.

- I mentioned that you got quite some settlers on wood when you started making Musketeer + Hussar (I prefer Musketeer + Hussar + Longbowman though), 25% of your settlers were on wood. I do really think that's too much to create a nice spam when going just for Musketeer + Hussar.

- Softon went pretty early for all the tradeposts on the map. It's common for the Spanish to do that. In this case you should have tried to crush those tradeposts I think. You had army enough to at least pressure on 1 tradepost (the one near to your town).

- When you went to Softon to go attack him you came up behind his town. Not a decision that bad, I think. When you started fighting you could see you were going to lose it after a couple of seconds. At the moment your Musketeers died nearly all you had 7 Hussar left. You were easily able to get them out of there instead of letting them killed.

- When Softon went to your town to attack you, you made in the beginning a good choice getting back a bit. Although at some point (15:45) you were able to get both his cannons very easily, his Pikes were miles away.

- Try to focus your towncenter-fire and your outpost-fire on the Pikes instead of on the Crossbowman. Pop some minuteman out aswell.

- Last but not least, at 16:35 all your settlers went into your towncenter. The settlers at the mill left of your towncenter could have continued working and getting max towncenter-fire with the remaining settlers aswell.

----------------

Hope you can do a thing with this. ;)
Last edited by DutchNvG on Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Jero12345
Captain
Captain

Post by Jero12345 »

Thanks a lot nvg
about the BO
i normally used 700 w 5 vill but sporting told me to do 700-600 w then 5-4 vill
i don't know what is better
i will surely do/try what you said^^
Zutazuta
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Zutazuta »

Both BOs (700/w600w/5v/4v and 700w/5v/600w/4v) can be good. In general, the double wood crates gets you a better mass a bit earlier, but your eco is slightly behind, where as the other build is a more pure eco build. Like I said, both are good and can both be used effectively while playing.
DutchNvG
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by DutchNvG »

[quote=""Zutazuta""]Both BOs (700/w600w/5v/4v and 700w/5v/600w/4v) can be good. In general, the double wood crates gets you a better mass a bit earlier, but your eco is slightly behind, where as the other build is a more pure eco build. Like I said, both are good and can both be used effectively while playing.[/quote]

True, it does help you a bit in the beginning to create a nice spam. Although he was not going to make any wood based unit, that's why I think the 5 settlers was a better choice this game.
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

Interesting game. Building placement wasn't too bad, vill distribution wasn't too bad either. I'd focus on something drew always says, "if you make units.... use them". No need to sit back and mass, even more so if you don't know what your opponent is making.
You lost your explorer early on outside his TC, this I think was your downfall. He had your base covered with spies and knew everything you were doing. Also, I don't think he outmassed you early, in fact I think you had more units, (remember, hussar is 2 units). He knew how to counter you as he knew what you were making, and that put him in a stronger position than you.
Scout his military, check his deck, do whatever you can to give you an advantage.

Hope this helps.
gendarme
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by gendarme »

I aggree with Strokey. Don't sit back with your army, even though you are almost certain that he has a better army than you. Go to his base with your army and go back constantly - that way you'll see if his army is growing or not, and you might get some villagers that way also ;)

You could also try double rax musk and then add some hussars, maybe it's easier but I dunno :P

Since brit musks pwn he can't make 100% musks, he will need xbow and musk, and when you add hussars then he's screwed :P
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

I would really love to watch it and give some advice, however every time i try to load the record it says: invaled record,
does anyone have an idea what i'm doing wrong ?
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
esam709
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by esam709 »

Try switching patch.
DutchNvG
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by DutchNvG »

[quote=""jerom""]I would really love to watch it and give some advice, however every time i try to load the record it says: invaled record,
does anyone have an idea what i'm doing wrong ?[/quote]

Have you changed the record game its name to a name without .age3yrec ?
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

[quote=""DutchNvG""][quote=""jerom""]I would really love to watch it and give some advice, however every time i try to load the record it says: invaled record,
does anyone have an idea what i'm doing wrong ?[/quote]

Have you changed the record game its name to a name without .age3yrec ?[/quote]

Nope i just downloaded it. i think it's on fp or something, but AS is down, so i have to watch it later :cry:
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
Jero12345
Captain
Captain

Post by Jero12345 »

@ all of you guys i know i need to be more agresive and need to learn much things thats why i made this post:P thanks for all the help
@ jerom its made on RE not FP
frenchfantom
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by frenchfantom »

Im not too far from your player levels i think so add me on eso (Destructor2) and we can play some.
Jero12345
Captain
Captain

Post by Jero12345 »

I will surely do^^
softondemand
Corporal
Corporal

Post by softondemand »

thx you all for watching:D and advise

jero123, soon i will help you with England great power!!! I just need to lvl first!!!