Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

me vs moose_

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

FP 1.1a
french mirror between me and moose_ right there =)
each of us does 1 of the "ultimate starts", a rated and very quick game.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DutchNvG
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: me vs moose_

Post by DutchNvG »

Will watch it :)
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

after the game i discussed with Moose_ why the musk huss start with 700w as first colonial shipment gained so much popularity lately.

i would like to hear the input of you guys on this too :-P

as in fp 1.1a, the 5(+) huss semi ff, the dual rax bow/pike, and the 5(+) huss semi together with either pike are very popular.
the 5 huss semi loses to the 5 huss semi + pike obviously, the dual rax xbow pike can be fought off with the 5 huss semi, you got your cdb and mm+ tcfire to aid you if in trouble and once you get your fortress agenda rolling there is not much your opponent can do.
now lets take a look at the musk+huss start: it beats both 5 huss semi& 5 huss semi + pike and if done right can hold his own vs the dual rax xbow pike rush. what i prefer about the dual rax xbow pike rush though is if i have a couple of pikes, i can keep his early hussars idle and my early mass will be bigger than his anyway. with bigger amount of army, the musk huss becomes clearly superior imo. the 700w so early come form the tier 2 market techs you can get right away and the ability not having to chop wood for a while in colonial.

ok this was a bit too long :?
Moose_
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Moose_ »

Also note that I messed this up quite a lot with my vills idle all over the wrong side of my base and stuff lol.

Another thing that's good with musk/huss is that you can potentially get 15 pop of military out in your first batch, whereas the xbow/pike guy can only get 10. How well I do with this bo seems to depend quite a lot on my starting crates, and also if I make any other stupid mistakes :roll:
gendarme
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by gendarme »

The good think is that you can raid early, you have a tank+dps, xbow pike is only pure dps imo.

And as Moose said, you have 15 pop army as first batch.

Hussars have many upgrades.

Easier to beat an FF with musk huss I think, hussars makes it impossible for the opponent to gather resources - doesn't matter how skilled the player is.

And the musks will house him.

Easier to micro of course.

And musks are handsome!
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""gendarme""]The good think is that you can raid early, you have a tank+dps, xbow pike is only pure dps imo.![/quote]

dps wth?? play less WoW man ;)
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

somebody should try dual rax musk + pike vs this 8)
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
gendarme
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by gendarme »

Yeah but with hussars instead of pikes ;)