new Nightmare

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: new Nightmare

Post by RascalJones »

I was never, and am still not a fan of horror films...but I love Freddy Krueger.

If Robert Englund isn't in the striped sweater, it ain't Freddy. Period.

And, the latest on the new Spider-Man is that it's going to be set with Peter Parker in high school rather than as an adult. And it's going to be in 3D.
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by blayzer13 »

I'm happy you bring up the Dawn of the Dead movie, as it is one of my all time favorite zombie movies. That remake created such a trend that one cannot help but give any remake the benefit of the doubt for potential to completely revitalize or revolutionize a particular genre.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""blayzer13""]I'm happy you bring up the Dawn of the Dead movie, as it is one of my all time favorite zombie movies. That remake created such a trend that one cannot help but give any remake the benefit of the doubt for potential to completely revitalize or revolutionize a particular genre.[/quote]

True true true! The Dawn remake certainly did that for zombie movies, although they sort of got a kick start with 28 Days Later (2003). Personally, though, I prefer slow-moving zombies to runners. It's just creepier when you have a big horde of lurching zombies rather than those crazy fast ones.

I also really like Romero's Day of the Dead (1985). That's a highly underestimated movie with some great social satire, too. I love Romero because he never sold out and always put sharp messages in his movies... all the while making really good horror.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Blackadderthe4th »

I love Zombie movies too and quite like horror movies in general. The seem to give a delightful B movie vibe, but in a good way. You can't take them seriously but they are all the more fun for it.