Mass Bannings by RE

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

36drew
Honorary Officer

Mass Bannings by RE

Post by 36drew »

Yesterday I banned a lot of accounts.

I went through players who had more than 6 accounts registered under their email, and if any of those accounts was ever reported stolen, all of the accounts registered to that email were banned until all of them are able to have their ownership proven.

I am trying to cut back on the rampant account theft / point trading that goes on, and this is one step in that process.

So if you had 9 accounts under your email, 3 of them have been reported stolen, and had logged in to 20+ accounts in the previous 24 hours from your cd-key, you have a lot of explaining to do.

Logging in to an account that is not your own, even if you have "permission" (note: ESO accounts are not transferable) you run the risk of getting all of your accounts permanently banned. Look back in this thread to see that this has always been the policy of ESO.

If all 12 of your accounts have been banned, ask yourself why you have 12 accounts, and if you can prove ownership of all 12, then email in to age3support@robotentertainment.com

If your "friend" gave you his other "friends" account, you probably will not be unbanned.
Thought I would just post this here. It was posted by Aloysius at AgeSanctuary.
gendarme
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Mass Bannings by RE

Post by gendarme »

They should have a court and a jury with volounteers from AoE players voting for ban or no ban imo.

This sucks too much imo. They ban and when you message the reply after 500 years.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

great news... but...

it's always the same^^ he's only after the money, thus he bans account thefts etc.
the community would much more benefit if the droptrickers would be gone, instead of sum dumb **** trading accounts back and forth then wondering why they're banned. if one of 2 people who are trading acounts tries to permanently take over his opponents acc, then he gets reported to RE and then banned

and like he said (read between the lines) he knows some guys he banned didn't share any accounts but just themselve switching between their own numerous accounts, they can easily get their accounts back by writing an e-mail and proving it (PID, E-Mail, CD-Key, RE knows IP adress etc.)

overall he did a good job, in a community likes this bannings need to take place from time to time ;-)
Drag
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Drag »

People on agesanctuary give him such a hard time, and I really can't see why...
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Lol at these bannings, why doesn't he investigate the cases when people have e-mailed him asking to get the account back? -.-''
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

for the case of Aoe3, I like this policy of "guilty until proven innocent"
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

these bannings are a bad thing imo.

sure - account theft is bad , but why not actively seek out the accounts that have been reported as stolen instead of just '' assuming '' they are stolen? i can't understand it

also can't understand why the heck aloysius doesn't go after the reported drop trickers - i know RE has ways of finding out who does it

if RE spent half of the time they've spent banning on a fixxing imbalances then the overall quality of ESO would > current state of affairs
- Dan
esam709
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by esam709 »

They dont care about the game they just ban people with lots of accounts because they are most likley to get another copy.
danno527
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by danno527 »

I never really understood the whole banning point traders, I mean how often do you find yourself going aw dammit i just got stomped by a point trader. The thing that bugs me is drop tricking. They should hunt down the droptrickers when they want to use their banning stick.
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by blayzer13 »

Drop tricking is network manipulation no? wouldn't it be significantly easier to trace than account thieves in the first place?
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

[quote=""deadhanddan""]these bannings are a bad thing imo.

sure - account theft is bad , but why not actively seek out the accounts that have been reported as stolen instead of just '' assuming '' they are stolen? i can't understand it[/quote]

Because hes lazy, he probably has a database somewhere where he can sort through the accounts, grouping the same e-mail addresses together, and probably ban them collectively, instead of doing the considerate thing and reading through emails and pointing out the eso name of just a few accounts
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
wicked_assassin
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by wicked_assassin »

i wouldn't care less, what sensible person has more then 6 accounts on 1 e-mail adress?
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

I hope eskaton didn't get banned :D Used to have some funny conversations on expert chat
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]I hope eskaton didn't get banned :D Used to have some funny conversations on expert chat[/quote]

no worry he didn't ;-)
aloysius is a benefactor - now those ppl with 10+ accounts can finally start to get a life
gendarme
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by gendarme »

Haha, I wonder if Robot Entertainment has the CD key generator...