French mirror

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Bunni
Conscript
Conscript

French mirror

Post by Bunni »

Heyho, here a short game vs Huggy . It was a French mirror He goed for musk and hus ff and i only with husars
Pls give me some tips
bunni
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Simbad
Conscript
Conscript

Re: French mirror

Post by Simbad »

Huggy vs Bunni.....looks cute! :)
will watch
MasterDragoon
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by MasterDragoon »

hmm it seems ff is pretty strong in french mirrors
gendarme
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by gendarme »

Well, the official best strat in french mirror is musk hussar.

Send 3 cdb, 700 wood, 700 coin, 8xbow.

Gather 100 wood while aging for a house. Build a rax and a stable with the 400 wood from age up, and have 0 settlers on wood since you are sending the 700 wood you don't need any atm.

And when you send the 700 coin don't have many settlers on coin either, move them to food, for maximum military.

And then 8 xbow for a military boost.

Your opponent will probably do the same strat, if he goes for hussar semi, you will have much more army than him, harass and instead of 8 xbow, send the 4 cdb and age up soon after.

For example, you can siege the houses wit the musks and harass the settlers with the hussars.

I hope this helped you a bit =D
Bunni
Conscript
Conscript

Post by Bunni »

Yea, it helped me alot , thx you. Herding was okay?
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

If you want to do that i recommend to adapt after you sent 700 wood. Also, the best strat depends on the map. On Deccan or Hispaniola for example it's too slow and he'll beat you with Skirms /Goons.
frenchfantom
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by frenchfantom »

[quote=""gendarme""]Well, the official best strat in french mirror is musk hussar.

Send 3 cdb, 700 wood, 700 coin, 8xbow.

Gather 100 wood while aging for a house. Build a rax and a stable with the 400 wood from age up, and have 0 settlers on wood since you are sending the 700 wood you don't need any atm.

And when you send the 700 coin don't have many settlers on coin either, move them to food, for maximum military.

And then 8 xbow for a military boost.

Your opponent will probably do the same strat, if he goes for hussar semi, you will have much more army than him, harass and instead of 8 xbow, send the 4 cdb and age up soon after.

For example, you can siege the houses wit the musks and harass the settlers with the hussars.

I hope this helped you a bit =D[/quote]

wrong :)
something that goes faster is not collecting the 100 wood for a house, but the 75 wood for gold tech and 125 wood for hutn tech, then leaving 5 on gold and rest on food. with the 400 wood from age u can build a stable and a rax, and queue 1 musk 1 huss. u gotta be fast, cause hertes the tricky part - click on 700 wood ASAP collect 100 wood and build house, then get a party of 5 musks before its too late :)
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

I doubt that works with the second hunt upgrade. It may work under special circumstances and with some luck, but now image it will not work. You'll face 5-8 Hussars, 8 Xbows, 5 Pikes and 2 Uhlans (vs Germans) or just 10 Uhlans with one Hussar and 1 Musket then. We are here to help a 2.Lieut to get a good BO and a better play. Let's be realistic guys :)

Edit: Also this second hunt upgrade implements that you have to gather 350 wood (Market, both hunt upgrades and gold upgrade) and 175 gold. You wont have enough cdbs on food to get a constant villager production and 5 Hussars and 5 Muskets out. Well it may work sometimes with alot of training, but even then you'll fail even more often.
gendarme
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by gendarme »

Do you think a 5 huss semi on deccan is good? I've never played a french mirror on deccan.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

[quote=""gendarme""]Do you think a 5 huss semi on deccan is good? I've never played a french mirror on deccan.[/quote]

Deccan is good for all-out-rush and straight FF imo.
Simbad
Conscript
Conscript

Post by Simbad »

The 2nd food market upgrade (steel traps) is researched after the 1st 5 musk, 5 hussar are trained I think....only research it earlier if Ur going for a Hussar Semi FF.
Vs a hard German or double rax musk rush I prefer getting 3-4 hussar and 5 musk with 8xbow shipment after 700 wood and queue 1 musk and hussar and sending the minutemen, try to melee Ur explorer on his units as they retreat(usually:) to slow them down and allow U to kill as many as possible before his reinforcements arrive.
Then use the 2 or 3 hussar U have left from the 1st batch to raid and put him off the 2nd attack giving U a few secs to regroup.