iamgrunt Returns

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: iamgrunt Returns

Post by KingKaramazov »

Grunt is without a doubt the best player to play AoE3 ever, just based on his record and everything, although of course he only plays super OP civs.

NP is definitely the best player in terms of skill as well as contributions to the community, though.

Nevertheless, the community for this game is so small that I think any of our "pros" would at best be expert players in more popular games like Warcraft 3 and especially Starcraft.

Somebody mentioned Boxer -- now that is an amazing player. Best SC player ever = best RTS player of all time in my opinion.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

^Without question. He is without question the King of RTS on this planet.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

If anyone is interested, here are the normal replays of iamgrunt from the WCG 2007.

http://www.worldcybergames.com/6th/replay/replay.asp

I actually borrowed his dutch BO and used it a number of times. It is a 10 skirm + 3 hussar harass semi-ff. I just can't come close to how well he executes it though LOL.

And if you watch the replay strokey, you will realize there is a sizeable score difference when he says gg, despite the fact that grunt was under HUGE pressure most of the game.