what!!!! someone beat me with a revolt!?!?!?!

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

thanster
Corporal
Corporal

what!!!! someone beat me with a revolt!?!?!?!

Post by thanster »

WOW! yesterday i was playing a captain that knew me on nilla, and we were playing an unrated match for fun, and we were both in industrial. He was ports and had turtled the whole game, and i had been playing offense as sioux. well, i had him in his little town the whole game, and i thought i had him beat, because i maxed out my vills do to 200% production rate, aka 20 vills on firepit 8) (this was about at 23 mins) and then in he came withi a load of halberds and organ guns. so i had about 30 rifle riders and 20 axe, and i took my axe around and got 8 out of his ten organs, while my rifle riders hit and runned his halberds. later i asked him why he did halberds instead of goons, and he said he was low on food the whole game cause of my raiding :P but anyways, i totally out microed him, and i new i had won, then it was like, revolt! and i typed to him lol, wth dude. then BAM! 80 militia in my town, plus 8 gatling on the way. he tore me up, killed all my vills, and still had like 50 militia left. wow, i felt like a retard ;)
Charge you cowards! no one lives forever! - unknown platoon sargeant, 1917
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: what!!!! someone beat me with a revolt!?!?!?!

Post by huGGy »

Lost to it pretty often lately. You only can stop it when you see it coming and even then its hard. And yes i felt like a retard as well, every time...
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

Revolution is pretty fun and strong. I have lost to it way to many times as well.
generalbuschmann
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by generalbuschmann »

just the ottoman and spain revolt is to strong imo (imp hussars ftw)
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Used to win with it several times as old ports and ottos ^^
gendarme
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by gendarme »

CM > cav =
CM > sioux
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

hehe,
actually it is beatable pretty easily, the only time where ist is friggin strong is when

a) he has fishing boats all over the place
b) trade route
c) fatories up

be prepared to face a constant giant wave of cms, even imp huss (as spain or otto) if he has a stable up and and the eco like in a), b) or c) desribed

if he hasn't, and it has been a fast revolt from the beginning or a "last resort" revolt, then it is very easy to beat that.
wall of your eco, get skirms and cir (or it's equivalents as for india royal green jackets for example), and preferably some culverins

i'll describe a game against an ootto fr i beat the crap out of :-P :
after seeing his deck i knew he would do it so i started off with constant pressure with sepoys all game, got my eco going and aged up to fort, got some unit shipments, upgrade cards and was about to siege his tc on the 11min mark, the tc had 50(!) hp left before the revolt kicked in!! ;-)
he had his 10imp huss, and a load of cm of course, my army was right at his tc so it would die anyway, i focused on killing the imp huss, cuz these guys would cause the most grief on me. i killed 6 or so huss, then my army died, he had still his outpost which made him receive shipments coupled with his tp.
i backed off, massed army, let him whack my buildings and then i did the following: instead of trying to face on his army, i maneuverd my guys to his outpost (which was unguarded btw) got that down and that was it for him: no more unit shipments, no reinforcements, then i had an easy time picking off his army, especially with royal green jackets gurkha (x3 dmg to hi) and some sowars for the gatling guns

what i'm trying to say is what kind of revolt it was, 2 of those revolts can be beaten pretty easily, the 3rd one is pretty much uncounterable, especially if he has normal army too along with his fishing boat, tp stagecoach and factory eco

1st varaint: Fast revolt planned from beginning
2nd variant: he is about to lose and uses it as a last resort
3rd variant: you guys are pretty even in score and army, and he uses it to gain an edge over you, either backed up by his eco in fishing boats etc. or not where he loses everything

i wish that game was recorded it was a blast and obviously one of my best games ever :-(
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

I still really like the British TR 20 revolt: 8 rockets, 99 CM and 60 Guard LB FTPW !!!!
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

I mentioned it to a couple people online, but I feel like an otto FR with saphis when you hit fortress is one of the hardest things for china to beat as long as the otto player knows what he is doing.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

It is easy to stop an Otto FR if you see whats coming. If he ages with a Tower you know what you'll face. Port FR can be decent. Try to get 4 TCs with CM and upgraded hp down. He'll revolt around the 11 or 12 minute mark. And those mercs are tough to beat as well.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

Semi-FR is much harder to beat. Just ask DHD.
wicked_assassin
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by wicked_assassin »

drew only one solution: unitstall the game lol
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

[quote=""wicked_assassin""]drew only one solution: unitstall the game lol[/quote]
Ahahah. Yes. I hate those 'unistall' type of days.
wicked_assassin
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by wicked_assassin »

Don't worry about it lol, it's quite normal that you lose once in a while vs lower ranked players.

Doesn't matter if you would only lose 1 game in a BO5 or BO 7 vs them.
Lost_my_hope
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Lost_my_hope »

Revolt is lame. If they do it, they own me. If I do it, they also own me.
PS what does FTPW mean? For the plain win?
Vivian Stanshall, about 3 o'clock in the morning, Oxfordshire, 1973... good night.