1v1 on Great Plains, Gendarme vs LaZy_TuGa

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

gendarme
N3O Member
N3O Member

1v1 on Great Plains, Gendarme vs LaZy_TuGa

Post by gendarme »

This is a 1v1 with me and LaZy, I've never won against spain as french but still everyone I ask they say that 15 musk semi FF is the best thing.

I really need help =)

Btw, I didn't make any skirmishers because he didn't have any goons, but perhaps I should vs those pikes...what do you think?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: 1v1 on Great Plains, Gendarme vs LaZy_TuGa

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

lazy tuga in a 1v1!!!! a must see
i'll watch and tell ya gendarme

ok gendarme, early game was solid, you could have gone age1 market also, with chopping a bit of wood, but since you got it directly after transitioning it was all well. after that, you research the wood upgrade.why? you should have gone for the second hunting upgrade, as you did only muskets, the wood you chopped was only for houses, and you didn't more than 3 vills on wood, not worth a market up imo. also get a house up during transition to colonial.
you played more conservative on this one, a little dual rax with 700food would have been nice in this one game. your pressure was good but you had to retreat once those skirms showed up. put more cdb on wood before while transitioning to fortress age.
in this game i would have gone skirms+cuir, there was no way he could do anything vs cuirs before the swiss pikes showed up later. those swiss pikes took care of all you cuirs later, don't fight until all of them(swiss pikes) are dead. his huss+lancer would have no chance vs cuirs either, so there was not much need for dragoons, i think.
other than that, solid play, try to get more units out, french can easily go 2 units at once (if cuirs are involved, then you need a bit of an better eco^^) skirms+goon is always possible, i experienced
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

Watvhing this game, it was pretty much the swizz pike that lost it IMO. All down to the micro, which tbh would have been a mess with all those units crammed together. Tough to micro that from both sides. Was well played though, but that 1 battle was quite decisive.
gendarme
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by gendarme »

Yeah, I sucked this game :P

But most spain players get 2 falcs early with rod shipments, I was hoping LaZy would do that so you would tell me what to do but he didn't :P

Anyway, Aaryn at that time I thought that I had so much food so a wood upgrade wouldn't hurt :P

And I didn't make skirms cause they always fail vs the 2 falc shipment but I guess that's just cause I lag and can't micro ;)

Thx for the tips guys =)

P.S. More tips are still wanted ^^
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

LaZy is a damn good 1v1 player. No need to feel ashamed if you lose vs him.
gendarme
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by gendarme »

I'm not, I'm ashamed cause I've played tons of france vs spain 1v1's and won 0% of them.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

i can understand where gendarme is coming from. france vs spain is easy matchup for france on robot patch (which this game was played on)

i don't think gendarme underestimated lazy or anything for that matter
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

I'll have a look. Playing Spain with France is similar to what you do with the Germans. If you are sure they will FF (ie, no archaic inf and lite Age 2 shipments), bother them like hell with xbows (go ahead and dual rax... French do it best), then send 700 coin and match them in fort. Mass cav (goons are a good option, too) and skirms and you should be able to out-eco them. Semi-FF >> FF.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
scoop10
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by scoop10 »

ur scout was a big loss at a 1 min this showed later whan u sent vills across the map when there was a hunt hidden in the fog close to the vills. and the loss of the treasure it always happens to me u kill 3 bears someone sneaks in kills last bear and steals the loot anyway gg guys.
gendarme
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by gendarme »

But I killed that CDB later anyway ^^

And I got the xp for killing the bears.