Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

French ftw

Post by huGGy »

Here are two fp recs.

First one is vs Sportings Iros on Great Lakes. He tried to eco FF i guess and i did a 4cdb ff with lifestockpen and 10 sheep. If you ask why i built these wall segments, i thought it was RE patch for a second, hehe. I think they still do an ok job, though.

Second game is vs Drews Aztec on Sonora. Maybe Drew played a bit sloppy here, don't know, but from my POV it was a pretty good game i think. Raids kept me alive here. I think we both aged to Fortress after ~20 minutes and alot of fights. I threw everything i had vs his army: Hussars, Xbows, CM and Cdbs. I hope you don't mind posting, Drew.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Re: French ftw

Post by 36drew »

Don't mind posting at all. It was very smart of you to raid with some hussars when I was at your TC in and out constantly. Loosing 12 villagers early is just so hard to come back from. I just couldn't manage my villagers and herding this game. GG wp. :)
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

It seems I can't watch a rec anywhere these days without seeing the French! Hussar harass/Dragoon/Skirmisher/2 falc shipment semi-FF lamage FTParisianWin! Everyone seems to be going a la francaise this summer.

I'll DL and have a look.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]It seems I can't watch a rec anywhere these days without seeing the French! Hussar harass/Dragoon/Skirmisher/2 falc shipment semi-FF lamage FTParisianWin! Everyone seems to be going a la francaise this summer.

I'll DL and have a look.[/quote]

So true. I'd love to see some matchups that don't involve brits, dutch, and france.
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

[quote=""36drew""][quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]It seems I can't watch a rec anywhere these days without seeing the French! Hussar harass/Dragoon/Skirmisher/2 falc shipment semi-FF lamage FTParisianWin! Everyone seems to be going a la francaise this summer.

So true. I'd love to see some matchups that don't involve brits, dutch, and france.[/quote] ill play a few games with y'all that don't feature any of those civs ;)

btw: gg's , wp huggy :)
- Dan
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]It seems I can't watch a rec anywhere these days without seeing the French! Hussar harass/Dragoon/Skirmisher/2 falc shipment semi-FF lamage FTParisianWin! Everyone seems to be going a la francaise this summer.

soo true kaiser, you expressed exactly the same i was thinking, just with kaiseresque phrasing of words and sentence structure :)
that's kinda all you need with french today. very skilled people can pull off that huss semi ff bs even against hi rushes... now that's awkward :?

that's how i beat dans azzies on re as french.
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

[quote=""Aaryn_GenD""][quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]It seems I can't watch a rec anywhere these days without seeing the French! Hussar harass/Dragoon/Skirmisher/2 falc shipment semi-FF lamage FTParisianWin! Everyone seems to be going a la francaise this summer.

soo true kaiser, you expressed exactly the same i was thinking, just with kaiseresque phrasing of words and sentence structure :)
that's kinda all you need with french today. very skilled people can pull off that huss semi ff bs even against hi rushes... now that's awkward :?

that's how i beat dans azzies on re as french.[/quote] nothing spectacular about my azzy , i rarely play them. they are mainly just about shipment spam. azzy ERK is a pitiful unit and after that game i learned one valuable lesson - ERK are trash
- Dan
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

[quote=""deadhanddan""]ERK are trash[/quote]

Unless they are being commanded by 36Drew.
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

ERK are very good, use them to counter cav
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]ERK are very good, use them to counter cav[/quote] depends on the patch

vs uhlan/cuir on RE they are a joke
- Dan
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""deadhanddan""][quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]ERK are very good, use them to counter cav[/quote] depends on the patch

vs uhlan/cuir on RE they are a joke[/quote]

Anything vs mass uhlan/cuir in team games past 20-25 mins (which is when you typically see ERK/Uhlan/cuir, nothing works vs them....
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
gendarme
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by gendarme »

They are actually pretty good vs cuirs....when you have spammed walls all over the place xD
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

ERK's used to be OP back in 2007, early 08. Then the nerf club hit them smack in the feather-covered face and they never came back.

But I have seen situations in which they are still tough. With firepit support and decent numbers, they run right over HI and cav, too. Their ROF is simply awesome.

Macabee has annihilated my uhlans with ERKs before... but then again, he has annihilated them with maces, too :oops:
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

ERKS Are beastly with a full firepit

39 attack x3 vs cav with a faster ROF than goons. In Imperial that is, i know as we did a 4v4 on texas that went that long. Pwning Imp Gendarmes. so i dont see how they are a crappy unit.
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

[quote=""Tubruk""]ERKS Are beastly with a full firepit

39 attack x3 vs cav with a faster ROF than goons. In Imperial that is, i know as we did a 4v4 on texas that went that long. Pwning Imp Gendarmes. so i dont see how they are a crappy unit.[/quote] i wasn't referring to ERKs in fp , iwas refering to the game aaryn and i did on RE where ERKs failed and coyote did the same job only better - aaryn can vouch for that. on RE the cav standardization vs. l.i. doesnt exist , so the ERK range resist means nothing vs. uhlan/cuir and in 1v1 it is RARE when one is able to get full firepit as most games end in colonial or early fort
- Dan