General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

kingchrisII
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Civ Strength according to Drew

Post by kingchrisII »

yeah i read that earlier, its still kind of mixed about what they think

i mean i still rekon that they are up, but i mean i aint played them, and was only going by recs and word of mouth from the pros lol
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

India is UP, that's all there is to it.

Even if all the expert players started saying that India has somehow been underrated all this time, I still wouldn't believe them unless they uncovered some radical new OP strategy that abuses something nobody noticed before.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

comon KK, that fast sepoy rush is def not bad, and lategame is ok too
they are weak, but hands down UP? nah
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
ZoRPrimE
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ZoRPrimE »

India may not be as UP as some of the strongest claimants are saying it is. However it is still UP and deserves lowest rank civ. For experts that can manage eco like nobodies business and micro like mad to minimize losses while they slowly get some quite good age 2 troops it's a dooable civ, still not great just dooable.
For less than expert players. If you can get away with playing INdia as if no one is going to early rush you and your opening game play is solid you can still do well with INdia because it has a lot of good things going for it. I have a post in record games forums where I slowly beat a German player with superior Indian troops even though I'm military count and military population outnumbered by a good margin! If someone plays any civ with a good solid hard early rush you're pretty much done, some with a little later rushes will still have a strong edge over you which means no room for small mistakes.

So yes the experts who can macro/micro in thier sleep can do well once they learn to maximize the best aspects of India.

So I say all the most recent information considered India is still at bottom of civ list tiered,nontiered it's at the bottom of the 1v1 list!
"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

You can talk to me all you want about the Sepoy rush but in all honesty I fear an Ottoman Jan rush a lot more. The fact of the matter is, whatever India can do well, another civ can do it a good deal better.

Like I said before, all of India's "strengths" are really just things that are average but seem great in comparison to their weaknesses. Most of their weaknesses aren't even really glaring, its just the lack of any large strengths coupled with their weaknesses makes the mediocre.

At least the Aztecs have some super OP things to make up for their super UP things.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey