AOE Excitement

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

AOE Excitement

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

You might have seen me online this weekend. I wish it weren't such a rarity. I think I got 8 games in.

I just want to say that, after almost two years, this game still really excites me! I went to bed last night feeling strangely happy after finally getting a good opportunity to play.

What is it about this game? After all this time, it is still fun, enjoyable, refreshing and addictive. I lost more games than I won, but it didn't matter. It was just a blast being online with you all again. I wish it wasn't so hot. I would have been able to turn off the fan and jump on vent.

This is the long way of saying that AOE is truly a unique game. I have been playing video games for over 20 years and nothing has ever held my attention and respect for as long as this one. This is, of course, due in no small part to everyone in this clan. You breathe life and character into what is already a superb game. Here's a shout out to everyone who believes that "an enjoyable gaming experience" means something.

I'm going to start making more time like this to play. It's worth it! I used to love playing in the European evenings. Although that might be a stretch for me these days, I will try my best.

See y'all out there soon. And in those 8 games I played this weekend, I was only German once! A man needs some variety, doesn't he? :D
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: AOE Excitement

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

I was having a lot of fun this morning after being some days without playing harassing Huggy in unrateds with azzies! Variety is very good for overall skillz and fun
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

ye i noticed kaiser and you're right, this game is unique otherwise there wouldn't be the "quitters and rejoiners" all the time.

i talked to fps_exile yesterday and he will this again after his long break
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Kaiser, I completely agree. There is something about this game that is different everytime I play it.

I also had a lot of fun this weekend in the one game we did play together with Nitro on our side. Thought we had lost it and voila they say gg and resign.

;)
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Lost_my_hope
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Lost_my_hope »

You make us all very lazy kaiser, no need to make new threads like this, we can just read yours and say +1. Hehe. This game rocks, the most fun game I've played. Oh, and it's especially good in european evenings.
Vivian Stanshall, about 3 o'clock in the morning, Oxfordshire, 1973... good night.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""Soccerman771""]Kaiser, I completely agree. There is something about this game that is different everytime I play it.

I also had a lot of fun this weekend in the one game we did play together with Nitro on our side. Thought we had lost it and voila they say gg and resign.

;)[/quote]

I had a feeling we would turn it around, even though Dan put the raid whammy on me pretty hardcore. Once you started the Old Han lamage, I knew we could do it! Of course, two groups of 40 redcoats and 25 culverins helped a bit, too!

I'm really starting to enjoy walls in 3v3. They at least slow down the oprichniks long enough to get some ruyters over there.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Blackadderthe4th »

Bah we only quit because of the horrendous lag. That game was a stalemate. that wouldn't be resolved inside of an hour. You may of had old han reforms but we had the sea and I had instant inf that could be spawned anywhere on our front and more than enough resources to back it up. Al's economy was the best in the game with mine close second and everyone else trailing behind. If Al hadn't of said he was bored and quit that game would have gone on for a lot longer I promise you.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Except that I hadn't shipped old-han reforms yet, mwahahahahahaah
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

[quote=""Blackadderthe4th""]Bah we only quit because of the horrendous lag. That game was a stalemate. that wouldn't be resolved inside of an hour. You may of had old han reforms but we had the sea and I had instant inf that could be spawned anywhere on our front and more than enough resources to back it up. Al's economy was the best in the game with mine close second and everyone else trailing behind. If Al hadn't of said he was bored and quit that game would have gone on for a lot longer I promise you.[/quote] i was going imperial :(
- Dan