For Kaiser - Germany rec

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

For Kaiser - Germany rec

Post by deadhanddan »

for Kaiser_Von_Nuben :) , germany vs spain on andes - fp 1.1a , myself vs 36drew

edit* i renamed game due to ppl getting ''invalid'' error when trying to watch it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by deadhanddan on Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Dan
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: For Kaiser - Germany rec

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

yer, i waited long for this dan thanks.
to any 36drew fanboys, i suggest watching this, as the known spain player deadhanddan goes germans (which he has tough time dominatiing with opposed to his mighty spain) against drews spain.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Aww, all this attention is flattering. Apparently my German obsession has led our fine members to equate German play with yours truly, even though most of you are far better players than I am.

I salute you!! Thanks so much for posting, Dan... I'm grabbing a Beck's and will tune in ASAP.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

:) no problemo kaiser , im not really one for playing germany but this game drew takes my beloved spain :( haha was a fun game hope you like it :P
- Dan
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

^ Wow, that was a really fun watch! Dan, your raiding was exquisite in that game. I've never seen Drew suffer such annoying pressure in my whole life. That was beautifully done; you must not have had any command lag, because your uhlans kept running at all the right times. If only I could be so lucky :neutral: In any event, you scared Drew off food and forced him into early mill-building. That let you build your own force relatively unharassed. Nice use of the 1000 wood card, by the way. That should be in every German 1v1 deck.

Great use of artillery. Whenever I get to fortress, I always neglect artillery with the Germans; without a 2 falc card it's tricky. But you did great here. Your culvs were right on target. Poor Drew's falcs got caught in a group. After that, your well-mixed force overwhelmed the defense.

Speaking of your units, that was an interesting choice with pikes, doppels, uhlans, xbows and skirms! Very non-traditional, but it worked. My only suggestion for improvement would be always to upgrade your mainline units as soon as you arrive in Age 3. You won those fights in Age 3 with Age 2 grade units! I was also stunned that you never had a stable. I couldn't imagine myself in fortress without an uhlan stream, but you pulled it off marvelously. I need to work in artillery more after watching this! Normally, I just do uhlan/skirm in fortress.

Nicely played, guys! GG.

36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

It was definetly well played by Dan. It's the first time he's beaten me and he is lucky enough to have it recorded too! I went way to hardcore with villagers here. 3 + 2, plus 2 for aging, then 5 + 4... was also too set on massing xbow/pike. But like you said Ben, the Uhlan pressure was very intense. GG WP!
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

[quote=""36drew""] 3 + 2, plus 2 for aging, then 5 + 4... [/quote]

roflmao, I've tried that many times and failed repeatedly.
looks cool but just doesnt cut it
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
gendarme
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by gendarme »

Omg, with that description Kaiser did I really have to watch this. I never watch recs otherwise, to boring to start AoE just to watch a rec when you can play yourself ^^
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

[quote=""gendarme""]Omg, with that description Kaiser did I really have to watch this. I never watch recs otherwise, to boring to start AoE just to watch a rec when you can play yourself ^^[/quote]

As to point #1: Yes, I can promote any game with my rhetorical skills. I really enjoy capturing the essence of a game by writing about it; there is a "story" in every game. There was a really good one here.

As to point #2: If I had more time to play, I would. But I do have time to watch recs, and they help me immensely. I even click along as I watch. I can't tell you how much my game has improved since becoming a "rec scholar." 8)

deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

[quote=""36drew""] I went way to hardcore with villagers here. 3 + 2, plus 2 for aging, then 5 + 4[/quote] lol when i was playing this game , i kept looking @ all ur vills and was wondering '' am i playing vs brits?!?'' haha that was one hell of a boom you had going there :)
- Dan
St_Brewer
Captain
Captain

Post by St_Brewer »

yeh during a failed rush attempt or a stale mate i have trouble getting my eco rolling properly i looked at everyones score and they have at least 30 on me and they still produce units what are they doing or more importantly what am i not doing lol
If you cant run then you walk
If you cant walk then you crawl
and if you cant do that no more...
well you find someone to carry you
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

[quote=""St_Brewer""]yeh during a failed rush attempt or a stale mate i have trouble getting my eco rolling properly i looked at everyones score and they have at least 30 on me and they still produce units what are they doing or more importantly what am i not doing lol[/quote] finding that equalibrium between eco and mili production in aoe3 is the hardest part of this game to understand and do. cannot forsake one for the other and must be in total control of both at same time.easier said then done i know, but finding that line is crucial to everygame.
- Dan
St_Brewer
Captain
Captain

Post by St_Brewer »

and while on this topic with the dutch having only 50 vils max, how do u rival other ecos in late game? or is that just the great curse of the dutch?
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

dutch are in their prime in early fort/very early industrial. you have to capitolize on their main strength right there and do whatever you can to end the game in that time frame. in fp the dutch are boosted in these areas considerably , while late game the dutch tend to become weaker then their opponets , they are tho stronger then any others in fortress age in particular
- Dan
St_Brewer
Captain
Captain

Post by St_Brewer »

now i can see why the falconet spam is so potent with the dutch, well thanx for the tips dan XD