Spain,French or Germany?

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Lost_my_hope
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: Spain,French or Germany?

Post by Lost_my_hope »

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it all right. xD
Vivian Stanshall, about 3 o'clock in the morning, Oxfordshire, 1973... good night.
Skull_Splinter
Conscript
Conscript

Post by Skull_Splinter »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""][quote=""Skull_Splinter""]German are the best, I should know I was born there ;) und ich kann deutsch sprechen[/quote]

best? they keep losing all their wars :P[/quote]

Yea, well one country smaller than the size of texas almost took over all of Europe, they would have if USA would have sat that one out.
The fellow who thinks he knows it all is especially annoying to those of us who do.
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

germany in ww2 was an absolute powerhouse. what really did them in was attacking russia and having two open war fronts.. germany may have won teh war if it had a better/clearer minded leader
- Dan
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Germans should have won WW1 just because of the entire world ganking them. On WW2 they went way too off limits so thank God they lost or else today we'd all be speaking german.
generalbuschmann
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by generalbuschmann »

is it bad to speak german lol
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

It's an Euphemism :p I'd actually like to know german
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]It's an Euphemism :p I'd actually like to know german[/quote]

If you speak English, German is a breeze. It's all the idioms, word endings and damn genders that make things complex. And the difference between "zahlen" and "bezahlen..." I've given up... not even Germans can explain it rationally.

Germany basically had WW1 wrapped up, then the Yanks had to come in and muck everything up. By 1918, Russia was out, and both Britain and France were on their last legs. If it weren't for the millions of American reinforcements, the Germans would have swept the French aside in the final ("Ludendorff") offensive. But it was a huge gamble; the British blockade impoverished and starved the whole country. As soon as delays set in during the summer, the whole thing broke down.

WW2 is a more complex question. I think Germany basically won, then lost. It was two wars in one. But thank God they lost. It would have been better if the German resistance managed to assassinate Hitler, but at least he died somehow. And if Hitler had not been such a madman, he would have listened to his Generals and won every time. Instead, he intervened, gave foolish orders, refused to tolerate withdrawals (ie, Stalingrad) and led to complete ruin.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Lost_my_hope
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Lost_my_hope »

[quote=""generalbuschmann""]is it bad to speak german lol[/quote]

It is if you're forced to and you are considered a second class citizen :) But I don't think they would have forced everybody to speak German. I don't think they did during the war. They were better off trying to win the trust of the people
Vivian Stanshall, about 3 o'clock in the morning, Oxfordshire, 1973... good night.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

I'm glad some idiots couldnt win the war. Too many (german) people were forced to step into war, losing their families and homes. The history made Germany the country it is now. People learned and are now working for peace and against war. Well actually i think media is doing a good anti war propaganda. Back in the days the people just had no diverse information and had to believe in what they were told. But not only Germany tried to take over Europe (Napoleon, Stalin....*cough*).

Also german is a beautiful, complex language. So it's dutch, portuguese, spanish, french and so on. I'm glad in Europe are so many different cultures with their own languages.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Also german is a beautiful, complex language. So it's dutch, portuguese, spanish, french and so on. I'm glad in Europe are so many different cultures with their own languages.[/quote]

English is neither beautiful nor complex. But people from different countries needed a dummie's language to communicate with one another ;) I always think it's funny when Asians resort to English as a common language. I guess that's what successful imperialism does after a while.

In English, there's only one "the" and only one "a." You never have to worry about getting your genders mixed up; simplicity/user-friendliness FTW.

generalbuschmann
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by generalbuschmann »

a and an :p
Lost_my_hope
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Lost_my_hope »

Good one busch xD I can't believe you said that kaiser, I think English is beautiful and I don't know about its supposed poverty either; many English words have synonymes for example, you often have both a germanic (freedom) and a latin (liberty) version :)
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

[quote=""Lost_my_hope""]Good one busch xD I can't believe you said that kaiser, I think English is beautiful and I don't know about its supposed poverty either; many English words have synonymes for example, you often have both a germanic (freedom) and a latin (liberty) version :)[/quote]

I was only kidding. ::/ I adore English precisely for the reasons you give! You have three linguistic traditions to choose from (German/French/Latin), creating a massive vocabulary and expressive catalogue.

Lost_my_hope
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Lost_my_hope »

Should have known..
Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Blackadderthe4th »

English can be very complex, espeacially when your 9 years old and trying to read Shakespeare for the very first time. ;)