Summer holidays...

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

LaZy
Honorary Officer

Summer holidays...

Post by LaZy »

Lets get into the summer holiday mood a little and think of, realistically, what ur dream summer holidays would b. Where would u like 2 spend them, who would u like 2 take with u, what activities would it envolve and what would u make sure u didnt do throughout them. Would u rent the convertable or prefer the quad bike? Would it envolve ur family or just ur friends? Would ur laptop accompany u and would u absolutely require a broadband internet connection 2 be readily available. Are u thinking 5 stars or roughening it up a little by having 2 use leaves instead of toilet paper? Are u thinking a month or would the liver swell up 2 much in that time?

Go wild, go crazy...
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Summer holidays...

Post by Tubruk »

well Next year will be my perfect summer holiday with a 2 month trip to china/japan.

but this year i might go on holiday with a couple of friends. somewhere in europe.
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

Funny you should mention the "rent the convertible". First weekend of August, the wife and I are driving to NYC for a long weekend, an early 10th Anniversary trip. The plan is to rent a convertible and drive the 9 hours or so, drop off the car in New Jersey and take the train into Manhattan.

But, the only place in the world that really, truly interests me to visit, the ultimate dream vacation would be a tour of Italy. I'm realistic, and I know there's no way it's going to happen for at least 20 more years or so at this point, but yeah, Italy, for a long, leisurely trip.
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Post by GeneralMichael »

Right now I'm jealous of Turbruk. Since my dream vacation would go to Japan. After I learn Japanese of course that way I can buy a ton of Japanese only games and play them. Though that is basically the only place I would really like to go other than to my families cabin. I just love it up there. All relaxed, nobody really knows what time it is. You can get a nice camp fire going. About a 80 acres of land to walk around in the woods and explore, with about 40 acres of lake to coast around in a boat, with a ton of blueberry bushes at the edge of the lake.

I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

a few years of living free in China beats mosts holidays :p
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

my dream holiday would be to spend a year in the caribean laying on a beach sorrounded by beautiful women giving massages and drinking out of a coconut!!

seriously

and maybe a tiki hut nearby the beach pimped up with wifi and aoe
- Dan
Incognoto
Private
Private

Post by Incognoto »

I'd rather do that with a girl I love and know well and am having an excellent long term relationship with.

Ideally I would lose my virginity on vacation, where that would be I do not care though. Brazil looks nice.

Realistically though I have holidays right now and they're some of the best I've ever spent. I have started flying lessons which has to be the most interesting thing I have ever done.
hi
Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Hydrovert5 »

Flying - ooohhh yeahhh!

What were you using for flying lessons?

On topic - my ideal holiday would be on a snowy mountain in the middle of nowhere, with nothing for company except a log cabin with a roaring fireplace with a beautiful woman.
Incognoto
Private
Private

Post by Incognoto »

What do you mean using? :idea:
hi
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

The aircraft
Incognoto
Private
Private

Post by Incognoto »

Cessna 152?

btw are one line posts allowed here? they don't count as spazz right? brb check rules
hi
Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Hydrovert5 »

One line posts are usually considered spam, but seeing as it's Sporting_Lisbon, it's no problem. ;)
Incognoto
Private
Private

Post by Incognoto »

I was talking about my own post. ^^

topic: I fly in Cessna 152's, I'm currently at something liek 2 hours total of flight time, and I have a very good instructor who let's me try to fly by myself (with him supervising ofc), he's kind of a "let the kid discover how it works by himself" sort of dude, quite the guy.

I'm going to Brittany for a few weeks in some time as well. ^^
hi
Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Hydrovert5 »

I have about 20 hours flight time, before I realised that the flying of airplanes wasn't for me.

I fix 'em and refuel 'em for a living. Not the type of job for everyone but I personally love it. Although I don't work on Cessnas. I work on huge commercial airliners. Boeing, Airbus, Tupalev, etc.

Some people may disagree, but there's nothing more satisfying than pelting down a runway in a fuel truck at 5 M/PH.
Incognoto
Private
Private

Post by Incognoto »

5 Mph? :p

Nice job. ^^

I prefer to fly them, but I never mind the preflight check.
hi