No More Fan Patches

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

No More Fan Patches

Post by etrips888 »

It might be a bit premature, but I was looking on age sanc and it seems mayhem said that there isn't going to be a FP 1.2 and that they are done with the process...

Unfortunate to hear

http://agesanctuary.com/index.php?porta ... try1433835
generalbuschmann
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: No More Fan Patches

Post by generalbuschmann »

its not worth to make another patch, less people play with 1.1a, most players change back to robot patch
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

I've noticed many colonels and brigs playing on RE patch. Since RE is going to be patching further, I can understand why the FP will die. Not sure what my thoughts are, but at least it's quick to get a game on RE these days.
Lost_my_hope
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Lost_my_hope »

I'm usually on RE Patch since games on FP seem to be impossible to find :(
Vivian Stanshall, about 3 o'clock in the morning, Oxfordshire, 1973... good night.
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

[quote=""36drew""]I've noticed many colonels and brigs playing on RE patch. Since RE is going to be patching further, I can understand why the FP will die. Not sure what my thoughts are, but at least it's quick to get a game on RE these days.[/quote]

Are they actually patching further? I didn't hear that they were for sure, but thats good news at least.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""36drew""]I've noticed many colonels and brigs playing on RE patch. Since RE is going to be patching further, I can understand why the FP will die. Not sure what my thoughts are, but at least it's quick to get a game on RE these days.[/quote]

i noticed that too drew, i noticed that too

[quote=""etrips888""]
Are they actually patching further? I didn't hear that they were for sure, but thats good news at least.[/quote]

aloysius said they will be constantly checking if there is a need for another patch.
i personally think they will make further patches

i got this news even before, deadhanddan told me on ESO that they scrapped the fanpatch.

i'm glad they did, viper stated at the beginning that they will only make their fanpatches till there will be official patching again

even after robot patch they didn't stop with the fanpatch, but since many higherrankeds now have gone inactive, they stopped it
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

ive known of the fp scrapping for awhile now , really sad imho. _h20 even stated AoE3TAD has the most potential of any rts game , but due to neglect from BHG/ES it has fallen past the point of no return. i'll continue to play AoE for clanners and special 1v1 matches with a few certain players but the truth is FP has been the only thing other then N3O to keep my interest alive. if FP completely dies i will be on eso rarely
- Dan
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

The balance is OK at this point. I know there are a few problems but honestly they're not so bad that someone can stomp someone else completely out of their pay grade with one little cheap strategy.

I just hope they pick up FP map fixes - the FP group definitely showed what the maps could become.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

sad but understandable.
the sucky maps on RE annoy me more than the balance issues.
i dont believe we can expect any new patches from RE, they dont care enough imho
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

[quote=""IndyBrit""]The balance is OK at this point. I know there are a few problems but honestly they're not so bad that someone can stomp someone else completely out of their pay grade with one little cheap strategy.

I just hope they pick up FP map fixes - the FP group definitely showed what the maps could become.[/quote] ashi spam , curr spam , old han reforms , abus , sepoy, india+japan in general , iro rush, azzy rush , suvarov ff etc. horrible map screws at times , bad maps , OOS-drop-freeeze hacks are to name a few of RE 1.02 patch flaws. i feel the balance is mediocre at best where 1 unit spams do work , fp such a good thing but is killed off by people who prefer to lame and not deviate from their set one strat b.o.s
- Dan
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

When I host, I host FP! Simple

When I log on 4 the 1st time of any day I will always choose FP. Only if no1 (clan members) is on do I switch.

out
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""deadhanddan""][quote=""IndyBrit""]The balance is OK at this point. I know there are a few problems but honestly they're not so bad that someone can stomp someone else completely out of their pay grade with one little cheap strategy.

I just hope they pick up FP map fixes - the FP group definitely showed what the maps could become.[/quote] ashi spam , curr spam , old han reforms , abus , sepoy, india+japan in general , iro rush, azzy rush , suvarov ff etc. horrible map screws at times , bad maps , OOS-drop-freeeze hacks are to name a few of RE 1.02 patch flaws. i feel the balance is mediocre at best where 1 unit spams do work , fp such a good thing but is killed off by people who prefer to lame and not deviate from their set one strat b.o.s[/quote]

i think one can say anything, but one can't say that robot entertainment is not caring for this franchise

they released a patch when nobody expected it, fixing oos bugs/exploits and making the game less laggy, minor balance changes etc.
plus, we can expect (not fully, but still) further patching of the game, they still support it with their e-mail,Aloysius said that the level of support for this game won't change from how it used to be from ES, you can still report people and yesterday, i wa told they did mass banning of maphackers and oos'ers

i mean, what else do you expect from them?? only thing that comes into my mind would be more moderators instead of just Aloysius, even though Aloysius is one hell of a guy, best moderator ever
he takes input from the community, like former ES members did 1 or 2 years ago
Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Hydrovert5 »

Apparantly they went crazy with the banning stick, even banning people who reported they did nothing to deserve it.
generalbuschmann
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by generalbuschmann »

[quote=""Hydrovert5""]Apparantly they went crazy with the banning stick, even banning people who reported they did nothing to deserve it.[/quote]
every cheater and acc stealer deserves it. also if you logg in with an acc u dont know where its really from and u get banned because its a stolen acc u deserve it too.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

We can expect more from RE if we can really credit everything Aloysius says. I sort of get the impression he is a $19,000-a-year guy with absolutely no authority except to sit in a chair next to the waterlogged ESO server and make sure crows don't infiltrate it. In other words, I'm afraid he is a drone with an email account and not too much supervision, so he can say virtually anything without obligating the company to do a thing.

Just my hunch. Let's hope I'm wrong. And nice post, Dan. I think you summed up all the bad balance problems with RE 1.2. Then again, if we start playing RE, my 3 settler wagons will thank you for letting them sail across the Atlantic with their 2 uhlan friends (Ulf and Manfred) :D

Unfortunately, they will probably land in the middle of an ashi spam, 10/10 agra rush or 19 maces, 2 SKs and 6 pumas... they won't even have time to say "Aufgabe?"
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)