General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Re: If you could invent a card...

Post by GeneralMichael »

OOh I did not know that the church had a shipment to increase thier speed, I knew the church had one to increase thier attack

Ohh and I just thought of another, a card that could boost strelets hit points and attack enough that they would be ok to use in treaty 40 games. Right now with all the upgrades they have, strelets are not really used in treaty. I have only seen them used once in treaty and that was by a lance corporal, even when guys are not really laming the oprichs they pretty much then just do muskets and artillery.

IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

You guys have had me thinking about this one all day while trying to work. :D

No attempt was made to balance these.
KK - here we go:

Brits - Priests can now train villagers. :P
French - Napoleon unit. Gives arty a range and attack bonus when nearby (you make up the numbers, idk)
Aztec - gold rush card. Any unit can mine gold.
Russia - "Don't start a Land War in Asia" card. Every 2 infantry units that die to artillery creates an equivalent infantry unit at a nearby blockhouse.
Germans - can build unlimited saloons
Ottomans - Conscription. Allows a militia-type button at the TC that converts all villies into an untrained Janissary (a sub-Janissary type) but does not cause a revolution (ie villies will still be building from TCs)
China - People's revolution. -10% villie gather rates, +30 max pop.
India - Advanced administration. Each wonder can be toggled between the base benefit and production of various resources (e.g. Agra Fort could be toggled to produce gold or troops, and not act as a fort)
Sioux - Living off the Land. Hunts deplete at half the speed they are collected (i.e. they yield twice as much food, minus decay which is normal speed)
Iroquois - Assimilation. Each villager or infantry defeated by an Iroquois has a chance to re-appear as an Iroquois unit of similar type at the Iroquois TC
Japan - Yeah like they need a new card. :D OK here's one, Westernization. Samurai can no longer be trained but the remaining units get +25% attack and HP.
Dutch - +20 villie max (does not increase pop max)
Portugal - Strength through Peace. ALL Portuguese units deal -10% damage and receive -10% damage.
Spain - Royal commissions. TC builds an explorer every couple of minutes that roam the map randomly for about 5 minutes before disappearing. They cannot attack, have very high HP, and are not under the control of the player.
luukje
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by luukje »

Ottoman trainable Spahi. AGe 4 card, train only in church, 60 seconds, 450 food cost per unit, max 12 spahi allowed and maybe reduce stats even a bit....
Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Blackadderthe4th »

Crazy Train: Instantly upgrades all trade routes to steam trains that supply 50% more resources and travel 50% faster. Also spawns an Ozzy Osbourne explorer unit that can bite the heads of all treasure guardians and war dogs.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Wow, Indy, those are some really cool suggestions. I don't think many Japan players would object to giving up Sams if their ashis and yumis got 25% MORE ATTACK AND HP on top of everything else.

I also really like the French "Napoleon" idea. It ain't fair that the Japanese get traveling barracks/attack/HP boosters. Let's give the Euros some historical heroes, too! I'm all about equality 8)

The Portuguese hero should be Don Henrique Fietz, AKA "Lazy Lider dos homens" (2500 HP, ships in Age 3) who provides a damage aura to all Portuguese gunpowder units (+15% attack) and casts a dental pain aura to all enemy units, causing them to focus on their teeth rather than micro (-15% enemy ranged/hand resistance).

Qual e a sua ordem ? 8O
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Blackadderthe4th »

You forgot that the Lazy hero would give all allied units - 15% speed and give vils + 50% gather rate for all food resources. ;)
Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Hydrovert5 »

Advanced trading

Once sent from your home city, your settlers can now build shops at the cost of 50 wood.

Only one settler is allowed to work at a shop. Whilst working, your wood is slowly decreasing while your gold is slightly increasing. Your church can now train merchants, who sell wood 2X faster than regular settlers. Merchants take up two populaiton spaces. Age III card.

This card could be useful for the British who have excess wood, and some may argue that this is what a market is for, but the shops would not suffer from diminishing returns. Ie, market fluctuation based on buy/sell rates.

Advanced Martial Arts

Once sent from the home city, the Chinese monk gains +30% hitpoints and +50% attack. All his attacks now deal area damage of 2. Attack animations changed accordingly. Age IV card.

Treaty of Versailles

A card only available to the French. Once sent, your opponent's unit's attack weakened by -5%, hitpoints -5%, speed -5%, and their total population limit changed from 200 to 190. Age IV card.

Seppaku

A card only available as the Japanese. Once sent, your samurai/Hatamoto samurai gains +50% attack and +30% hitpoints. However, they only stay alive for 1 minute and furthermore die when they have killed 10 units each. Age III card.

Constantinople Brigade

A card only available as the Ottomans. Can be sent from the home city for 3500 gold an unlimited number of times. Once sent, 2 great bombards and 20 jannisaries arrive at your town centre. Jannisary hitpoints increased by +10%. (only applies once, even if sent many times) Can only be obtained from the Capital in age V.

Green Tea Trade

Only available as Asian civilisations. Once sent, you gain 500 export. Export can now be bought and sold at the market. Age III card.

Native Treachery

Available to all civilsations except natives. Once sent from your home city, all native warriors gain +50% attack and +50% hitpoints. However, your own civilsation's units morale decreases. -10% to your own civilisation's units attack and hitpoints. Age III card.

Diamond Mail

Available to all civilisations except natives. A new upgrade appears in your arsenal - 'Diamond Mail'. Researching this will increase your heavy infantry's hitpoints by +50%, but reduce their speed by -35%. Costs 600 wood and 300 coin. The unit's cost increased by 5 gold. Age IV card.

Tell me what you think of my ideas?
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

[quote=""Blackadderthe4th""]Death from Above: advanced hot air balloon can now drop grenades.[/quote] ROFL reminds me of red alert :D

i wouldn't want a card to be created , but maybe modified , such as the sioux tepee card ''friendly territory'' , where not only does it grant passive abilities as it always has , but enables a packing animation similiar to trebuchets of AoE2 , that way tepees could be packed and moved along with the army for a cost of wood/food and would make more sense then deleting+rebuilding tepees being sioux were nomadic
- Dan
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

Ben, the idea was just a boost to sams - a blaze of glory kind of thing.
Good ideas guys, we should be developing this game. :-P
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Post by GeneralMichael »

[quote=""Hydrovert5""]
Treaty of Versailles

A card only available to the French. Once sent, your opponent's unit's attack weakened by -5%, hitpoints -5%, speed -5%, and their total population limit changed from 200 to 190. Age IV card.
[/quote]

That would make france be pretty much the only civ used in treaty 40. Maybe you could change it to something like the ability India has where temporarily nobody can fight.

Though I like the idea of buying export

@Kaiser, Good idea I would use that card except when fighting Germany in treaty games. my main way to stop a dopple charge, Samurai counter charge. Duel to the death Samurais vs dopples :twisted:

@ Indy, I like the idea of germany being able to have more than 1 salloon but maybe limit it to a number between 5 and 10. Also maybe for the +20 vilager pop lthe dutch then have thier bank production reduced

Some more card ideas

Germany:

A card that lets you train muskets

Card that reduces the war wagons attacks but also reduces thier pop space to 2

Maybe a card called Blitzkriege that ships 1 mortar, 2 falconet, and some skirms(age 4)

Dutch:

A card that lets you train muskets

British:

A card that changes costs of long bows to food and gold, or atleast gives them skirmishers(age 4)

Spain:

A card that highly increasesw rodelleros attack and hit points but now they cost more

Every civ: Mercenaries train faster(age 4)

Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

^ I sometimes wonder what Germany would be like if they had a musket option... it would just like me love them even more, I think!

In one of the scenarios for AOE 3 there are German muskets. They have the German falconet voice. Pretty sweet!
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

I didn't know Germans had muskets, or falconets, for that matter. The only thing I know about the Germans is the sound their Uhlan horde makes drumming across the plains, and what the imprints of their horseshoes look like on the backs of my trodden longbowmen.
Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Hydrovert5 »

[quote=""IndyBrit""]I didn't know Germans had muskets, or falconets, for that matter. The only thing I know about the Germans is the sound their Uhlan horde makes drumming across the plains, and what the imprints of their horseshoes look like on the backs of my trodden longbowmen.[/quote]

You actually made me spray my computer screen with coffee.

Shame on you.
St_Brewer
Captain
Captain

Post by St_Brewer »

[quote=""Hydrovert5""][quote=""IndyBrit""]I didn't know Germans had muskets, or falconets, for that matter. The only thing I know about the Germans is the sound their Uhlan horde makes drumming across the plains, and what the imprints of their horseshoes look like on the backs of my trodden longbowmen.[/quote]

You actually made me spray my computer screen with coffee.

Shame on you.[/quote]that'll teach u hydro, usually u get me :P and who thought of oh look big mammal in the middle of a field maybe if i mount that get a big ass sword and go charging around like a loonie al probs wipe out Brewers skirmishers :P
If you cant run then you walk
If you cant walk then you crawl
and if you cant do that no more...
well you find someone to carry you
St_Brewer
Captain
Captain

Post by St_Brewer »

and card wise i think that there should be some kind of card like "Lodgings" or something where u can add another 50 population, imagine the dutch with that :| 200 skirmishers coming at u beafed up with roids *laughs maniacly*

or a card that can let the dutch of something like an extra 25 villies cos we all know how hard it is to keep the dutch on top in a 40 minute treaty game
If you cant run then you walk
If you cant walk then you crawl
and if you cant do that no more...
well you find someone to carry you