DHD+ESMC2 vs Buschman+JohnFrusciante FP 1.1

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

DHD+ESMC2 vs Buschman+JohnFrusciante FP 1.1

Post by deadhanddan »

intense 2v2 on mongolia , the civs are Iro+Brits vs. Spain+Brits. i won't spoil who wins or what happens but : this game i nominate for GOTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gg to all players involved hope everyone enjoys :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- Dan
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: DHD+ESMC2 vs Buschman+JohnFrusciante FP 1.1

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

i'll watch and then comment/rate ;-)

i take it this was on fanpatch?
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

[quote=""Aaryn_GenD""]i'll watch and then comment/rate ;-)

i take it this was on fanpatch?[/quote] of course its on FP , look at topic name ^ ;)
- Dan
generalbuschmann
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by generalbuschmann »

i had to go, no real end :/
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

this was areal weird game, i kinda knew buschmann had to go in the end, kinda abrupt

i watched the game from DHD's point of view:
man you queue thousands of vills, i usually queue a 2-3vills, this makes me check my eco more often and leaves resources for other things, it'll take over a minute until that 5th or 6th queued vill is being trained
you didn't use any of the infantry uprgade cards in colonial, why? this is one of the main reasons i despise iro, in the fp, they got 2 upgrades, on ES patch those were 3, i thought you'd use these plus a firepit with alot of dancers for attack dance

at the end of the game i had a glance on esmc2, you shouldn't use pikes and unupgraded colonial units when everybody is in fort/industrial..
goons would have done a much better job, seeing the fact that a lot of upped cav would simply own your army.
i'd suggest using more standard decks

@dan: didn't read topic name ;-)
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

after the fb battle we both said ''forget the hawks'' ( being hawks are no match for musket/rod/longbow) and go cav anyways being iro now have decent cav ups , well being as i had such a killer eco rolling along i made my stay in industrial very brief and progress into imperial age, i wanted the legendary upgrades , field guns rule :-P only thing that stops them is MASSED culverin which wouldnt work cuz at points in the game i had 5-10 field guns being pumped every batch ( i made over 30 or more this game ) and the game was pretty much near done after i went on my raiding spree. dont know if you saw but the vill graph wasnt looking good for their team and if buschman hadnt of resigned he would have lost another 12-18 more vills since my cav were only one screen away from those wood choppers and i was heading that way anyways earlier in the game i snagged the cav bonus vs. vills treasure and being they had almost all ranged infantry cav was the more logical choice
- Dan
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Iroquois field cannon FTNW... I love that unit. Cheap, easy on pop, culv + falc rolled into one... what more do you want out of life ;)
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

did you beat my record of 40 or so field cannons? god I love those things
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

[quote=""etrips888""]did you beat my record of 40 or so field cannons? god I love those things[/quote]i think i did beat your record this game
- Dan
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

damn! well it was a nice game..lb wars hehe
dan do you usually send 600 resource card first in colonial?
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

not usually , but since they werent rushing and i picked up that 175 gold treasure i figured send the 200 wood-food-gold for my all market ups
- Dan
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

This is my GOTW contender, I think. The longbow back-n-forth alone was worth the watch. Once the artillery came in, it got even more enjoyable. I ate a cheeseburger and had a drink while enjoying theses battles!

From a gameplay perspective, there was an interesting dynamic in this match, too, and that is why I nominate it for GOTW. Neither side seemed to worry about cav until about 15 minutes in, and that's what made it interesting. It was a big infantry/non-siege brawl. Just a lot of arrow-shooting and killing. But then the whole nature of the game changed, with cannons, cav, raiding, everything. That's what I call good drama, gentlemen!

One note for both sides. I did notice that ESMC and General Buschmann did not upgrade some units to veteran after being in fort for quite a while. From one player to another, I cannot emphasize how vital it is to get those upgrades ASAP, even if you need to fiddle with the market to get 200 gold/200 wood. I also got the impression that Gen. Buschmann was tired... I know what I do when I'm tired and Buschmann did exactly what I do, ie, forgot to age with massive stockpiles of resources on hand!

ESMC had perhaps the largest mass of pikes I have ever seen in a game. I couldn't help but laugh when Buschmann attacked DHD's cannons with hussars, then suddenly this massive wave of blue pikes comes out from behind them. Such a sight would have made my uhlans suffer cardiac arrest ::/

Buschmann's quadruple rax LB spam and manor boom was also quite fearsome... wow!

I don't know what's going on these days... whenever I play German, it's as if people EXPECT me to go cav and they're ready with rods, zamburaks and those nasty sharp instruments called pikes 8O

GG guys... extremely fun to watch.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

cheeseburger eh? lol now im hungry :( ARGH!

op review kaiser :) when i was searching the map for suitable fb i saw the mongolian cav raiding treasure and flared to ESMC '' FB HERE!!! ''
- Dan
generalbuschmann
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by generalbuschmann »

lancers with unction would have killed them, but somehow johns eco wasnt as good...idk
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

on a side note , for people who use iro and end up in lategame , good 2 cards for age 4 slots are the 4 light cannon and the infinite 500 food- 500 gold- 500 wood. 500 of each type of resources may not seem like much but when u have 3 shipments to send and nuthin else in your deck is needed then this is a huge + versatile eco boost that can be used to upgrade techs/units , mass army , and age up if needed. other decent cards are the 7 infinite mantlet or the infinite huron native mantlet for 2,000 gold - while both these cards r ok they are actually a handicap IMHO being that neither of them are as versatile of a shipment as infinite eco crates and in a heated game 2,000 gold is a HUGE % of your precious eco that is more often then not impossible to pay for
- Dan